1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rockets player past or present did you dislike?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by johnnydeezy1, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Amen to that! Pippen is the only guy I can use the word "hate."

Others I dislike:
    Mike Dunleavy
    John Lucas
    Barkley
    Taylor
    Rice
    Francis (later)
    Swift
    Mike James
    Wells
    Artest

#101 Easy, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  2. MadMax4life

MadMax4life Member

3. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

You're probably right on Price, but I was just so excited about him when we signed him, and he never really panned out at all. How many games did he ever start for us?

The depression thing is fine, but its about smart decisions and will power. Comparing it to a broken leg is BS. You can't will away a broken limb. Or cancer. Depression and addiction are two of the most overrated excuses ever.

Are you gonna tell me Albert Haynesworth has an eating disorder?

4. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I remember not liking Mike James and Trevor Ariza. They shot too much. I know percentages are probably similar but I liked Rafer even with all of his bricks. I remember cringing when Trevor would shoot as I was yelling NOOO at the TV. My wife would run upstairs and ask who I was talking to. On the other hand, there were nights I would yell at Rafer to shoot the ball because he was so wide open. Oh yeah. Sorry DD, but I didn't like Von Wafer much either. Ball Stopper.

5. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

LOL I forgot Glen Rice played with us for a little while. I remember my buddy and I use to joke at the time that his sole purpose in life was to stand in the corner and wait for Steve or Moochie to pass him the ball after they finished dribbling out the clock out on the wing. Then he was to jack up a three as the shot clock buzzer went off. It happened so many time i would swear that;s how Rudy T drew it up. In the huddle, he would say you know the routine guys.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm not going to hate a player just for being old or getting paid. That isn't their fault. They need to do something really classless and disloyal to be on the hate list.

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

Rafer. I still remember the moment that people here said Rafer was on the level of Rondo and Fisher. As a worst PG and got overrated like that? it was a truly amazing feat by the clutchfans.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You can't will away depression either and it's not "about smart decisions and will power." It's a serious, debilitating disease that requires professional treatment or it can have devastating effects including death. (See: Eddie Griffin.) You obviously don't understand very much about it, for which you should be grateful.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Pippen and Vernon Maxwell. Can't stand either one of them. It's one thing to suck as a basketball player and be disliked, but these 2 went beyond that hatred. I hated these two clowns. I can't think of any other players on their level off the top of my head.

10. Wolfhound

Wolfhound Member

Vernon Maxwell post giving up on the team

11. Wolfhound

Wolfhound Member

Yes Pippen was horrible Rocket!!

12. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

You might be right, but I'd find it hard to believe he didn't seek or receive help. Neither of us know the details of his condition, but the fact remains, he had vast, vast unrealized potential and cost the team dearly for years.

Btw, I appreciate you not reactively turning this into a flame war. I really respect your position.

13. YouCompleteMe

YouCompleteMe Member

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

No problem.

You shouldn't find it hard to believe he didn't seek/receive help (or enough help). Avoiding treatment is a common symptom of the disease.

He did cost the team for years, but so did Ralph Sampson. So have Yao and McGrady. All were suffering ailments that did not allow them to play as they'd been expected to. I'd argue that of those players, Eddie Griffin was suffering the most.

15. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Rafer the brick master.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

OMG, how the **** did I forget Rafer???

my edited list

Scottie Pippen
    Trevor Ariza
    Rafer Alston

17. nene

nene Contributing Member

barkley

Some rivals should stay rivals!!

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He was an overpaid bum. We paid him on a pretty hefty contract to get him from Washington to only see him struggle mightly. He and Matt Maloney were just downright terrible at running the PG position.Brent was a SG trapped into a PG's body.

19. Danbury

Danbury Member

Ryan Bowen. I never had any idea why that guy got playing time. His defense was overrated.
    Moochie Norris. He just wasn't very good...
    Pippen. High hopes dashed.
    Cedale Threatt. Didn't really hate him... I'm just name dropping.

There are things I hate about players:
    Rafer Alston's tear drop
    Matt Maloney/Mo Taylor/Kelvin Cato's contracts
    Chuck Hayes at the free throw line
    Dikembe's brick hands
    Charles Barkley's ridiculous 3pt shot.
    David Andersen's goofy face/teeth
    Artest/Maxwell tendencies to get technicals at crucial points in games
    Steve Francis' basketball IQ
    Tracy McGrady's giant waste of God given talent
    Clyde Drexler's cliches/broadcasting ability

20. Mav-Hater