1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rocket will you compare your game too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farhan007, Jun 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Probly cutino mobley i shoot from any where and i mean any where ive got range cant jump at all can bearly dunk iam 6'6" ok on defense iam a starting sg and i also play the point because i can pass

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Moochie Norris. I won't elaborate, because that would be too painful.

3. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

I enjoyed thinking about this. I would say a right handed version of Cuttino Mobley.

I have a killer outside shot off the dribble (quick release), can drive good (more right than left) and a decent post up game.

I can pass out of the pick and roll pretty good, but not much of a passer outside of that. :D

I play great defense (when I need to). :p

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

A Younger Glen Rice. I'm awesome at stroking the three ball...and a decent post player. I'm a "set up" jump shooter. Give me the ball...I'll give a few C-Webb fakes and shoot. Swish.....

Cod:D

5. Genuine

Genuine Member

me?
    Cuttino/Griffin

I have talent but im lazy. Im 6'3'' and still got at least another inch to go. Im a shot blocking machine and I got stroke and pretty nice hops.

6. BALLhog 247 365

cuttino mobley.

everyone says that i have the same exact form as he does, im lefty, and i am a ballhog like him.

7. pchan

pchan Member

I can't really hit the three, but I am also automatically in between. I am not quick or fast, but I manage to get by people when they try to not let me shoot my jumpers.

I guess my game is closest to walt william except I never spot up for 3 pter. I am always cutting or try to get a open midrange jumper. I really can't recall which rocket has a really good midrange jump shot.

8. rvpals

rvpals Member

I learn little bit of everything from Rockets players.

I can shoot the 3s like Rice. I can hit the J from anywhere like Yao Ming. I have crazy foot work & post scoring ability like the Dream. I'm a cold blood free throw shooter like Yao Ming. I have heart of Mad Max because I'm willing to take any big shot no matter how difficult is it. I play better man to man defense than any Rockets player. I will challenge any opponent no matter how big he is. I can dish crazy outlet that hit the runner on the way up to the hoop for a layup, kind of like Yao's whip pass to Steve. I got tons of steals when I play simply because I'm really active with my feet & my hands.

The only thing I did not improve much on is my ball handling, I wish I can handle it like Kidd. I can't score on a fast break because I'm slow, I can pass really well to teammate ahead though.

9. unt2003

unt2003 Member

i would equate my game to a eg who can rebound but cant block as much. i would like to say that i am more of a defense stopper on the court. i guess i try to think i am better a b-ball i guess...

:)

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

My game is like Collier's, except I am 5'10" so I can't rebound as well as he does. IOW, I suck.

11. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Kelvin Cato. If I'm motivated I'm all over the place. If not than I just loath around the court. :D

12. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

im like a mix of griffin/mot/mobley

when im in the small forward position, i can bang down low like grif and shoot the fade away, i have that baby hook that mo t uses and when im moved up to the 2 guard, i can slash and jack up threes like mobley. only dif is, i shoot threes when needed not like mobes. :D

13. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I am an analytical machine. That's why I compare "my game" to JVG.

:D

theSAGE

14. darin1998

darin1998 Member

I am playing at the Downtown YMCA at 6pm in the Red gym if you want to test your skills...

I would never dare compare my game to any pro.

15. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I guess I'm a little like James Posey, but probably a lot smarter. :p I don't shoot well, but I can hit shots. I play great defense and I am beginning to guard just about anyone, from PG's to C's. I get a lot of blocks and steals and hustle like crazy.

To elaborate more on O, I am a VERY passive player. Although I can't handle as a PG, I sometimes like doing that job because I feel like I can see the court a lot better than most people, and I can get off some good passes. I try to make everyone around me better by using my talents, including the guy who loses the ball dribbling with no one on him. If, by some strange occurence, I try to score instead of pass, I normally post up and usually get an easy bucket.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I suppose the way Kelvin Cato and I dunk our doughnuts is probably similar.

17. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

I've got (had) the game of a Mario Elie, ;)

The knees of a Ralph Sampson :(

The income of a Roy Tarpley (?) :D :p

And the wife of a Jason Kidd :D

Nah, all kidding aside, I play hard on D, can hit the open trey and have a nasty little mean streak when pushed to the limit on the court, ala Mario... :D :mad: :D (Somebody give me some Prozac!!)

18. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

I'm like a 60% Bank shot shooter from 15 feet in. Thats just when I'm practicing alone though. I can hit one after another banking it off the backboard, and I heard Rudy T was a great bank shooter. so I guess I'm like a 5' 7" Rudy T. :D

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Two Sandwiches on an eight foot goal.

20. bacteria10

bacteria10 Member

I play like Kenny Smith, no doubt. I'm the type that would shoot a 3 from 28ft against NY in game 7 third quarter and bank it. I wish I can get his jersey somehow. That way I can represent him.

bacteria