1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What players do you miss watching?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Defy9, Apr 1, 2011.

1. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Surprised you didn't mention Rik Smits given your sig.

But, yes, most of the real pivots of the 90s: Hakeem, Ewing, and Shaq. Not a fan of Robinson tho--too robotic. The only one who compares now is Duncan.

Besides those centers, I miss:
    Reggie Miller, Rodman (for his rebounding, defense, and mental games), Jordan, John Starks (obviously), Shawn Kemp, Penny (before the injury), Tim Hardaway (before the homophobic comments).

Plus, I miss the NBA on NBC. How awesome was the theme music? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UooitEU6AtE&feature=related

2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

a healthy tmac

hakeem

barkley

kemp

sura and barry

young kobe

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mostly everybody I would choose has been covered - except a couple guys who are still in the league.

Pre-injury Antonio McDyess and Grant Hill. Those guys were amazing.

Oh, and you know who else I wish could have at least played more before injuries destroyed his career? Michael Dickerson. He was really on the rise and I was a big fan.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

pre injury mcdyess was ridicously athletic. good call. sprewell, horry, james robinson, all ridiculous athletes from the crimson tide around the same era.

#84 pgabriel, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  5. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I still regard him as the greatest player of all time. He's the best PG ever with the ability to make everyone around him better. But on top of that, he's the only player in the history of the NBA to be able to play all 5 positions at a dominant and elite level. No one else could even come close. And he could do it as a 20 year old rookie in the NBA finals. It's laughable when Lakers fans were trying to say that Kobe is now the best Laker ever after the Lakers won this year.

6. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

'99 NY Knicks:

Allan Houston
    Latrell Sprewell
    Larry Johnson
    Marcus Camby
    Pat Ewing

7. SunsRocketsfan

Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Drexler, Hakeem, Jordan.. man the 90's were great

8. windz

windz Member

I am going to take a very wild guess that you are white.

9. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

He was fun to watch.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LXg-k_1NGMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>