1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

What Other Coaching Options Are There?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox>Mavs, Mar 7, 2013.

1. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

Mchale doesn't desserve to be fired, nor will he be. I will say that I hope the next coach of the Houston Rockets is Mario Ellie. He is a Popovich disciple and do I even need to mention his relevance to us. He will be a good head coach one day, I just hope he comes home to do it.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If we miss out on the playoffs again after being so close, I think Les and Daryl start to think of replacing the HC.

But we will try to get Dwight Howard first this summer. Having McHale here hopefully will make it more attractive.

Then FO will need to decide. McHale is not the guy to bring you to championship contender status.

He keeps making the same mistakes. No misdirection on the Harden ISO-ball. Small ball in the clutch. Team is clueless on team defense. No offensive-defensive substitutions. Elementary mistakes. Again and again. From last year even.

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I love Mchale. He’s tough enough to hold our players accountable but not so tough that he sucks the life out of everyone around him like Van Gundy. I like him more than Adelman because Adelman teams had ZERO defense!

4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

And yet both of our better point guards decided to leave last season...

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

The way calvin murphy has been to the scrap heap in favor of a guy who played 3 or 4 seasons for us at the end of his career is an embarassment imo. I'm not even going to l get into how much better murphy was as an announcer...cuz you know that would be like clubbing baby seals

6. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

What has Kelvin Sampson done to deserve being an NBA head coach. As far as I can tell committing recruiting violations in the NBA doesn't help your team.

7. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

I want Jerry Sloan.

8. hotballa

Dude...beverly played supreme? Stop it. Besides the complaining comes from the fact the he pulled this stupid small lineup crap last time with the exact frigging results. Omer had a double double in 22 minutes. How the hell did he not get to be on the floor?

9. hotballa

R u a troll? You actually think our current defense is better than undet ra?! Lol

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Here is the article:
    Kevin McHale blames the lockout for not getting along with certain players
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...not-getting-along-certain-221318402--nba.html

I know Lowry and Bud were two of the players. After the trade, Chase let it out that he & McHale had issues. There could be more but things like this are all hush hush.

Truth to be told, McHale is NOT a player coach; Adelman is!

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Your definition of "decided to leave" is pretty interesting. Lowry was traded and Dragic wanted to come back, but could not agree with Houston on salary terms.

12. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

LOL at the suggestions for JVG and Adelman. I believe they had their share of "Fire..." threads as well.

13. pacmania

pacmania Member

14. dmoneybangbang

Completely different team.... Our defense under RA was never great or good. Our defense last year under McHale was better than this year.

15. dmoneybangbang

Honestly, if we had our "ideal" coach this year, how many more wins do yall think it would net us?

16. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

If Dragic really wanted to come back, he could have taken out the player option in his contract... if super stars are willing to get less money to play on a team the WANTED why can't dragic? I mean its not like he can't negotiate for a higher salary to compensate with that player option... everyone in the nba knows that only special players get player option...

It was a known fact that lowry wanted out... its either you trade him of waste 5mill a year on a player who does not want to play...

17. dmoneybangbang

Seriously.... it's amazing how this forum has essentially wanted to fire every head coach during the last decade. People just don't understand.

18. pacmania

pacmania Member

Adelman is a type of coach you can build around. He's a long term coach that should've been with us.

If a team wins 22 games consecutively , hats off to the coach.

From wikipedia: In the 2007–08 NBA season, despite Yao suffering a season-ending injury for the second time in three years,[102] the Rockets won 22 consecutive games, which is the second longest winning streak in NBA history.[103] Houston finished their season 55–27,[104] but were eliminated for the second year in row by the Jazz in the first round of the playoffs, 4 games to 2. In 2008–2009 the Rockets ended the season 53–29, reaching the number 5 spot. With McGrady out with season-ending surgery the Rockets were still able to get out of the first round, beating the Portland Trail Blazers 4 games to 2. The series win was their first since 1997.[105] However Yao Ming suffered yet another season-ending injury, this time a hairline fracture in his left foot during Game 3 of their second round series against the Los Angeles Lakers. The Rockets lost the series 4–3. In the Trail Blazers series, Dikembe Mutombo injured his knee, which forced him to retire after 18 seasons in the NBA

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I think we could get 4-5 more wins, which would land us safely in the 6th seed... not like now where we are dangerously fighting for 7th and 8th seed with jazz and lakers...

20. dmoneybangbang

So the ideal coach is ONLY worth an extra 4-5 wins. Interesting....