1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What noble cause are we coming up with this time?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Mar 6, 2013.

1. wapz

wapz Member

like your green stuff under your username?

1 person likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yes it is. And that isn't name calling, the vast majority of posters with such a sentiment don't care about the team one bit, just Lin. See one of the premier trolls :SirKen

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

How exactly was your comment useful again, or many of those 5000 posts? Never mind.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

fellow aggie, i disagree with you on this. what normally a coach does is to put his bench in to look for a spark if starters aren't doing their job. if lucky, the bench does bring back the game and the game becomes manageable, the coach will go back to his starters to close out the game. it happened many many times in nba.

1 person likes this.
  5. heads.up

heads.up Member

It's nice that several bench players were able to bring you back in the game, however they are just that: bench players. You should always end the game with your best players, that way if you lose you are going down with your best shot. Riding the hot hand can only go so far, eventually the hand "cools" and their level of play isn't sustainable. That is a reason why they are bench players and not the starters.

Typically in other situations when the bench can bring you back in the game, the elite coaches sub back in the starters to try to finish the game. Kudos to Bev and T-rob, they were amazing defensively down the stretch but their impact started to simmer down the longer they were on the court. There were certainly openings there for McHale to alter the line-up at that point.

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I don't w**** myself out to get rep from LOF. If I wanted to I would just need to say something intelligent like this "BLAH MCPHAIL BLAH NO LIN!"

thread rating is only in the GARM btw, and applies to a single thread, the rep system is different.

7. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Dumbass McHale seriously.

The only thing that Beverley did offer down the stretch was good harassing defence.

There was no support or a secondary option for Harden.

This was even worse during the start of the 4th as the rockets got lucky with Parsons hitting some tough 3's.

We need to stagger Lin and Hardens minutes and keep one of them on the floor at all times.

I'm pretty sure Mchale believes that Lin is the better player however as this quote says he is scared of Lin making high risk plays which will have the most negative impact so he goes with the more "safe" option.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I totally see your point dude, and my gripe isn't that Beverly should have stayed in the game...its that it was a situation where it could have gone either way. My decision would have been the same as a lot of the posters, I would have kept the starters in but at the same time I understand why the lineup on the floor was as is...they carried the momentum. The way the rest of the game went I saw us losing this. To maybe squeeze a win out this seems like a logical approach.

9. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

You joined the board 6 years later than I did, and you had the nerve to come into the thread I started to throw in a one-liner name calling insult, and later claimed how I and others don't care about the team?

Obviously logic is not your forte.

You know what kind of people always try to attack others' motives, which were perceived/fantasized by themselves? People without any argument.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You're right , that post didn't deserve a reply and I should have ignored it.

11. SugarLandDream8

Beverly didn't score 1 point. I think having Lin in there was a better option. He was on pace to score 35 points against the Mavs the previous game if he played more than 26 min.

12. hahachui

hahachui Member

LIN and ASIKs deserve to be on the floor to close the game!
    For LIN, I understand Mcfail hates him......what about Asiks? WTF!

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I could care less when you joined this board, if you noticed I never said anything about anyone's join date, I actually never use that as a measure of someone's fanhood considering I have been on this site since 2002-03. Don't jump to conclusions, I do think this thread is stupid and a bait for all the LOFs, never called you one.

With respect to my comment are you surprised at all by the first response I got?
    You know what that is? Its a classic example of an internet circle jerk and exactly what I was hinting to.

If you think my opinion is misplaced maybe you should go look at the comments the guy that actually runs this site had to say about situations like this. HINT* He wasn't very kind with his words.

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

It wasn't just who was and was not playing.

It was chemistry--both on O and D.

The Rockets were decent at the beginning of the season, but every month they got better because they know each other, both on and off the court. Then all of a sudden there is a trade. TRob played well tonight, as did Garcia; but you can see when they were in there the offensive was basically give the ball to Harden and let him go one on one; and the D sucked. DMo is playing like a rookie and which is okay because he is a rookie: his acclimation to the NBA and the lineup will take time. But meanwhile we're losing games!

Patterson today scored 15 points, 8 Rebs, 4 assists for Sac.

TRob and DMo have higher ceilings, of course, than Patterson; but who the cares about ceiling? Knowing Morey, we'll have a whole different team this time next year anyway!

15. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Team chemistry took a major hit after the trades.

16. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

The more important issue is to stagger the minutes of Lin and Harden seriously.

You guys go on about how the second team brought us back in the 4th quarter which they did.

But if you look at it in more detail it was fools gold, besides some good harassing defence our offense stunk it up in the half court with a couple of bail out 3's by Parsons that made the difference.

It was pretty obviously this wasn't going to last.

God I hate Mchale so much for this team.

17. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

The one response to your comment was pretty reasonable; until you posted this.

Are you really surprised by the responses you got after calling out all the people in this thread? Doing so naturally puts people on the defensive and less inclined to post rationally.

18. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Reped, I guess I am so used to see this in NBA games, that I can't quite wrap my brain around McHale's sub decision tonight.

19. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

I just think he made a mistake. Should have at least tried having Lin in the game.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yes! Robinson made some big defensive plays tonight, as did Beverly. I believe McHale was hoping for a greater gain in defense than the dropoff in offense. But, that seems counter to the Rox way of winning this season.