1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What NBA player or players can you take 1 ON 1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Realistically speaking, what player or players do you feel you could take on the playground if given a chance. For me it would be Ryan Bowen, Moochie Norris, Eduardo Najera, J.J Reddick, just to name a few. Ive never played basketball in hs or college but have enough athletic ability to get by.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I could probably beat up Aaron Brooks.

3. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Not a single one. My handle sucks and I'm too skinny to back anyone down.

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

If any of you think you can compete with an NBA player, you are wrong.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Doubtful.

If you didnt play sports in college, you definitely dont have the athletic capability to keep up with any NBA "scrub".

I played a sport in college, although, not a "real man's" sport, but nonetheless, it still takes some athleticism and strength. And, I also grew up and played basketball from my early years until college. I wouldnt score on any NBA player unless I jacked up a shot from 10 feet behind the 3 point line and it went it.

I played against Kenny Smith back in high school...he was a slow NBA player, but impossible to guard for people like me and my friends.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i can take some WNBA players.

I could hold Steve Novak.

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

lets just end this right here- you will NEVER beat an NBA player. Larry Bird could still destroy you, and Ryan Bowen would be like a man among boys on a regular bball court.

8. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Michael Ruffin

Brevin Knight

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I once beat Lebron, Kobe, and Yao in a 3 on 1 game of 21!

After they erased my points twice! :eek:

10. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

This.

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Chris Paul, easily. Dude wouldn't even know what HIT him.

12. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Just like the time you packed that old Asian guy at the Rec? :D

13. Serg300

Serg300 Member

These guys beg to differ :D

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ysv3v7uXblw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ysv3v7uXblw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
    <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKX6jd540ro&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKX6jd540ro&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

14. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Bingo.

I guarantee no one on this board has a prayer against ANY NBA player, period. I don't care if it's Lebron James or Ryan Bowen. No chance.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Actually, on the contrary, Tanner's said in the past there's no way he's saying he's better than Devin and Kalb is nothing but a crazy trickshot artist.... play a real game and see how he does against LeBron. :D

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember we played against John Lucas in a game of basketball when he was around 34-36 years old. We were 18-19 I think. That was when we realized we needed to remain geeks.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

It is possible that a normal person could beat someone that is not in the NBA. I don't know why people throw the it is impossible, especially when you haven't seen people on this board play.

A lot of people who had NBA talent, but maybe focus and other stuff kept them away from it.(Not talking about people on this board, just in general)

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

My ass. Moochie would school you so hard.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

And1 guys routinely try out and never make it. There's a whole developmental league of guys hoping to get called up. Get real.

20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

If I had to guess I'd figure I'm one of the better players on this board, and I can't imagine having a chance against any current player.

Guards would be too fast and strong. Forwards and centers would score at will from height and weight alone.