1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What NBA Jerseys do you own?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRaiderRocket, Sep 30, 2008.

1. RedRaiderRocket

With all the talk about NBA Jerseys, just curious what players you have?

I got 2 Tmac Jerseys, I had an Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, and Scottie Pippen a long time ago when I was in Elementary, Shane Battier, Kevin Garnett, Chris Paul, and Lebron James. I also had like 10 players from the USA jerseys from the 1996 team.

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Ive been sort of a collector of jerseys for the last 15 years, I have at least 50 I would summise.

My Rockets ones are a Yao home white, a Tmac away red, a Francis "pyjama" blue away, Olajuwon and Drexler championship style away reds and a Sam Cassell championship style home white.

Over the last few years I have stopped buying them for financial reasons. Otherwise I'd be all across a Landry and/or Scola jersey.

Some of the ones I got when I was younger that I would NEVER be seen wearing these days include a Kobe (bought his rookie year) a "Admiral" and a Ewing.

3. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I got a Yao throwback championship away, Tmac orland home, houston away and championship home, a black jordan NC jersey, and dwade 2008 USA. All swingmans too.

As a kid I had a olajuwon, drexler, cassell, (all championship away) barkley (when he was with phoenix), and shawn kemp. I remember BEGGING my parents for a striped penny jersey, but never got it, oh well.

Anyone remember how much those champion jerseys cost back then?

4. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

2 tmac jerseys...one is red ..the other is retro..white...
    1 bibby sacramento jersey
    1 steve francis orlando jersey (on sale)
    1 jordan black and red jersey
    1 dwayne wade red heat jersey
    1 lebron white cavs jersey

I Want to get:
    Arenas
    CP3

5. setdarkness

setdarkness Member

Over the past 15 years or so I've managed to collect just shy of 60 authentic NBA jerseys and approximately 30 authentic NBA shorts. They were much more difficult to obtain before the internet boom, so I relied mostly on regional sports shops with team affiliations who offered mail orders and other sports paraphernalia mail order shops like Manny's Baseball Land.

It pretty much all started for me when I bought an autographed Hersey Hawkins game-worn 76ers jersey (the unpopular flashy one with streams of stars, worn during Barkley's final Philly year); I pretty much became obsessed with NBA uniforms after that, though it faded substantially over the course of 5 years. I tended to go for jerseys of my favorite players and the gawdy uniforms of the mid- to late-90s (among my favorites: a Ray Allen Bucks alternate jersey featuring the full shot of the buck's head and the weird Kings' alternate black-and-purple monstrosity to tasteful aesthetics).

These days I rarely buy uniforms or sports memorabilia (though I could go for the alternate Bobcats' unis and Olympic/FIBA basketball jerseys). The last purchase I made was for two Rockets jerseys (McGrady home and Yao away), matching shorts, and a Ginobili Argentina national team uniform. Among my favorite purchases remains a game-worn Dominique Wilkins Atlanta Hawks jersey and shorts.

Frankly, I wish I'd had the money I wasted on all this stuff in the bank.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

1 Chuck Hayes
    1 Carl Landry
    1 Tayshaun Prince
    1 Rajon Rondo

:) that's it.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Rondo?

I hate that guy.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Oh sorry - from Kentucky.

I gotchya Hayesfan, my bad.

Still dont like Rondo though. I hope your not his cousin or something.....

9. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Only one... Vancouver Grizzlies Bryant "Big Country" Reeves.

10. Hayesfan

LOL no, but other than the fact that he stole his teammates girlfriend and caused upheaval on the team his last year, I like the guy.

How can you not like someone who enjoys roller skating in his spare time?

:)

Tayshaun is my main man after Chuck... Rondo only because my brother's fiance is a Boston fan, so she bought it for me.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Currently:

1 T. McGrady
    31 Battier

one of each

12. engr chris

engr chris Member

-Yao Ming current home jersey
    -Mike Bibby Kings home jersey
    -Steve Nash Orange Suns jersey

and my favorite...

Rick Barry Yellow "The City" jersey!

[​IMG]

Badass!

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

1 Yao (red)
    1 Tmac (white)

Pijama era:
    Olajuwon
    Barkley

One Penny Hardaway when he was in Orlando (somebody give it to me) but this seems authentic.

14. dafranchise0309

2 Steve Francis 1 with the navy blue and red and the other with the current jerseys

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

here is an old photo of some of my jerseys:

[​IMG]

i have more that i got after this photo was taken.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

New Orleans Bobby Jackson
    Cleveland Andre Miller
    Portland Bonzi Wells
    Washington Mike Jordan

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

too late to take a pic of all but here's a teaser, I'll post ALL 40+ if possible, tomorrow

[​IMG][​IMG]

ones that stand out?

Adam Morrison alternate Bobcats jersey
    custom Aaron Brooks jersey (badly made I would add...)

I own more than half the team's jerseys
    (Tmac/Yao/Head/Francis/Artest/Battier/Alston/Landry/Brooks)

#17 Dave2000, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  18. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I had no idea there were so man pretend Rockets fans on this bbs. You losers should burn your non-rockets NBA jerseys! International and college jerseys forgiven.

19. Hayesfan

If I lived in Houston and could see all my other favorite players teams against the Rockets I wouldn't need other jerseys, but when I go to the Palace to watch Tayshaun play the Hawks, I need a jersey.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

2 tmacs -one home, one red throwback (70s style)
    2 novaks --one signed
    scola
    mutombo
    landry
    battier
    francis
    artest
    donte greene ---yes he thought it was cool of course i should have gotten him to sign it, probably would have been the only rockets greene jersey signed damn
    joey dorsey
    2 olajuwon
    rockets baseball jersey --(yellow jersey with logo from 94 on the left breast)

kevin love -ucla
    bill walton -ucla

really only started with jerseys last year when i could spend some extra money on them and because of the internet making it easier to get a deal on some.

first jersey i got as a kid was a champion replica of Olajuwon back in 92...I still have it. Its too small now but i snugly wore it once to a rockets game yao's rookie year and I had 3 different people offer to buy it off of me on the spot since its harder to find the champion replicas now or something...of course i didnt sell it.