1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What movies have you walked out of?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tierre_brown, Oct 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

My GF and I went to see "About Schmidt " because we had heard that it was good. We tried and tried, but we ended up leaving. It was just too painful to try and make it through.

Another movie that was painful for me was the "Ya Ya Sisterhood" or whatever that was. It was more entertaining to watch the people in the theater react to the movie. I think that there was only one guy besides me in the theater. All of the old ladies were cracking up and having such a great time that it helped the movie go by for me.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Wow, seriously?

I was about to walk out of Birth on Friday. Had we not been planning on sneaking into the movie right next to that screen, we would have. :D Actually, the movie wasn't that bad, there were just two or three very uncomfortable scenes. I'm guessing Nicole Kidman's the only Oscar winner to take a bath nude with a 10 year-old boy. Gross.

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Everyone Says I Love You. Went there with a girl who really wanted to see it, but we walked out like 2 minutes into the film. Too painful for words.

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Battlefield Earth

6. droxford

droxford Member

similarly, when I was 21, I thought Pump up the Volume was one of the best movies ever - it really expressed how youth felt. Now I see it and it's just really crappy.

-- droxford

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I bought that one for $5.99 because I loved it so much when I was a kid. There's a reason the DVD's only $5.99.

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

I never walked out of a movie but theres a few I wasted my money on. I hated that movie Ecks vs Sever with Lucy Liu and Antonio Banderas.

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Snatch was on tv late last night and I was amazed, the movie felt like they were playing it slightly faster than regular speed. I don't know, it was weird.

As for not liking the Royal Tenebaums, I don't know why I couldn't stand it. It never grabbed me. I thought it was stupid. I probably would have sat it out at the movie theater, but my friends wanted to leave and we were able to get a refund, so we did. Five of us went, two stayed and three left. The two that stayed actually liked it, but they liked the beginning that drove the rest of us didn't.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

There are a lot of movies I should have walked out on, but I've only walked out on a few.

I know the first one I ever did that to was Robocop 3. There was MIB ... I walked out early on I robot(sorta) ...

But most of the time I find entertainment in even horrible movies, if only to say, "wow, that was so bad", and pick it apart and make jokes about it later. Most of the time I have a good feel for movies as well, and I know what I'm walking into when I go.