1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What movies have you walked out of?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tierre_brown, Oct 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Reading the Saw vs. Grudge thread, I was just wondering what movie was so bad that you actually walked out of it? Not including "ghetto crowds"?

I can only think of one off the top of my head, and that was Sweet Home Alabama. I heard the movie was ok, but I couldn't get over Reese's southern accent...

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The only one I've ever walked out of was the Royal Tenebaums.

3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Pluto Nash
    and a few others

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I didn't walk out of it because we rented it, but I did turn it off half way through. Worst movie ever.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I've never walked out on a movie, but there was one that my mom forced me out of. She heard how Shindler's List was such a highly acclaimed movie. So she took me and my sister to see it. But then she got all overprotective/offended during the scene where they are spraying all the Jews with the firehoses. I guess she didn't like the nudity. I ended up watching SL when they played it commercial free on NBC. My mom wasn't around at the time. ;)

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

D3: The Mighty Ducks

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ever tried to watch "The Sicilian" ?

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

The Avengers
    As Good As It Gets (walked out and watched Half Baked again)
    Analyze This (Actually I slept through this)
    Small Soilders

For the record, I didnt actually pay for these movies, I skipped to them.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

Vegas Vacation
    Men in Black
    South Park
    Above the Rim

almost walked out of Monster's Ball, but I took some Wellbutron and was ok the rest of the movie

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Funny you say that, after it came out on video one of my high school friends rented it and tried to get a group of us to watch it, fully knowing that three of us had walked out of the movie when it was in the theaters. Needless to say, I walked out of his house after it had been on for about five minutes.

11. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I don't go to the movies much anymore, so those movies I do go see are movies I really want to watch.

But I do rent a ton of movies, and a few of them I turned off in the middle of:

Starsky and Hutch
    Anger Management
    Dogville

You walked out on Men in Black? Why?

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

NEWMAN: Why I didn't see you at Schindler's List with Jerry.

HELEN: Well we already saw it.

NEWMAN: Oh, well it's a good thing for Jerry that you didn't go.

MORTY: (getting up from the table and coming over) Why is that?

NEWMAN: Well he really seemed to have his hands full if you know what I mean.

HELEN: I'm afraid I don't.

NEWMAN: Him and his little buxom friend Rachel were going at it pretty good in the balcony.

MORTY: What?

NEWMAN: What, do I have to spell it out for ya? He was moving on her like the storm-troopers into Poland.

HELEN: Jerry was necking during Schindler's List?

NEWMAN: Yes! A more offensive spectacle I cannot recall. Anyway I just really came up to get some detergent.

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

just curious, why didnt you guys enjoy The Royal Tenebaums?

wes anderson films are my favorite, his attention to detail, the relationships between family and friends, forgiveness....

are you familiar with Rushmore and Bottle Rocket?

oh, and "worst movie ever" will not suffice as a film analysis

14. m_cable

That reminds me of another story. A bunch of my friends wanted to get together to play some video games. So we went down to blockbuster to get a multiplayer/party game. We wanted to get a game that we never played before so that everybody would be on even footing. We would usually just play fighting games, but one of the group just sucks at fighting games so we kind of ruled that out.

Anyway, we had gotten Tiny Toons Wacky Sports for snes a while back and that was a very good experience. But we wanted something else this time. The guy that sucks at fighting games finally conviced everybody to rent one of the Fifa games.

It was the worst gaming experience of my life. That game was terrible. It was hard to score, the gameplay was poor, and it was just plain boring. I still remember kicking in my share of the rental money at the end of the day and thinking to myself, "This is the most worthless dollar, I've ever spent."

And if it wasn't for the guy that sucks at fighting games, we would have just played them the whole time. AND he was the guy that picked Fifa in the first place. So needless to say, I blame him for the whole thing.

15. synergy

synergy Member

Dawn of the Dead
    A Civil Action

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I thought that Vegas Vacation went strait to video? And it's a good thing that you didn't walk out of Monster's Ball or you would have missed Halle Berry's p*rn debut.

I think the only movie I walked out of was Last Action Hero.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Really? This is one of my favorite movies.

As for movie's I've turned off/walked out on:

Play it to the Bone - Without a doubt the worst movie I've ever seen
    Tears of the Sun
    Tomb Raider

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I watched that one in the theater - Sweet Home Alabama, and yea Reese Witherspoon's pitiful attempt at a Southern accent made it close to unbearable, but the other people in it were even worse with the bad accents.

Nonetheless I stayed in the theater. I don't think I have ever walked out on a movie.

19. m_cable

That reminds me of an anecdote I heard from somewhere. This guy said that he went to see Monsters Ball, and there was guy that brought his two kids (forget how old they were mentioned as being. 7-8 I think.) to watch it and stuck around for Puffy's execution, Halle Berry's sex scene and then left. I guess he saw all that there was to see. "Okay kids, and that ends your lesson about the Fact of Life."

20. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I don't walk out on movies. I paid my money, I'm going to grit my teeth and watch it no mnatter how bad it is. I've seen some stinkers too (Time Bandits, Ice Pirates, etc.). The only movie I actually got up out of my seat and was ready to go before having second thoughts was The Thin Red Line. I went to go see it with my dad (he was never one to hold back his feelings on something), and was expecting an epic war movie, as the commercials had shown. Instead, we got 2 hours of guys staring at leaves or walls and trying to become a wartime Socrates. My dad was pissed, I was pissed, but we watched that whole damn movie just in case something happened. Alas, nothing did.