1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What...Me Worry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gary Vance, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Gary Vance

Gary Vance Member

Well, the long awaited Rocket Season has begun. We're off to a roaring 0 and 2 start and the inevitable moaning, belly aching and crying has begun. I hated the losses as much as anyone, but I don't see the gloom and doom as being appropriate just yet. On the contrary...I see this Rockets team as being just as good as hoped for...averaging 119 points per game so far. One or two more defensive stops and both games would be in the win column.

We played the Champs to within a bucket. Sorry everybody, but there is no real defense against threes when they are dropping like rain from everyone but Kobe. Golden State loss? Basically the same thing...I don't think Ellis and Curry will often score 72 combined points this season. How do you defend against Ellis when he's on fire?

I am truly encouraged by some things the Rockets did. They dominated the Lakers for three quarters and stayed in the game to the buzzer, even after a seven minute cold shooting streak as the Lakers got hot. The heart to win is there and we have the players and depth to do it.

Golden State obviously has one of the most potent offensive teams in the league and will score on anybody. I love the fact that Kevin Martin and Scola kept getting fouled and eventually the front line of the Warriors fouled out of the game. We will see this as a primary strategy as the season goes on, especially when Lowry gets back on the floor.

I would love to be going back to Houston undefeated, but that ain't happening. What we do have is two gritty road games under the belt and heading home to the best fans in the world. Denver will be a fun game to watch as the Rockets launch in Space City!