1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what make some of you understand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, Feb 16, 2009.

1. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Great post. DD is blind on Artest :D

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Actually DD just sees things with more clarity than the kids.

:D

DD

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You have good points but it's true. Frankly this team has proven to play better with Ron rather than Tracy.
    Not too long ago there were some type of stats showing this is true.
    And if that isn't enough just watch the games there is way more energy and ball movement when Artest is on the floor compared to McGrady.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I agree with that, you can not have Ron and Tracy playing together.

However, if the team does not plan on signing Ron, and all indications are they are not going to sign him long term, then they need to trade him and get something that they WANT for next year....

It is asset management 101.

DD

5. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Artest fits Yao quite well because of his toughness. Rockets were 9-2 when Artest played without McGrady. He averaged 20.45 points, 5.36 rebounds, 4.18 assists. He shoted 47.5% on 3's. Yao is a little bit soft guy. A tough guy with higher 3's shooting percentage is just the man Yao needs. Do you remember the Jazz game Artest won for us? That's the best example why we need Artest.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No doubt, I totally agree.

Get something for him while we have him.

7. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

good boast. no shame :D

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Do you know how many teams won 60 last year? One. The Celtics. 60 wins is a damned lofty goal. We were never supposed to win 60.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Your sample size is too small, and it does not look at the big picture overall.

What about the team going 7-3 without Ron and Tracy?

The point I am making, is that Ron and Tracy do not fit - we are agreed here.

And, Tracy is still on the team, so you need to trade Ron for something that does fit.

If you remove Tracy, than clearly Ron fits better, but if the team does not intend to resign him, then you HAVE TO MOVE HIM or else lose an asset.

I am thinking like the GM, you are thinking like the fan.....thus our disconnect.

And it is not boasting, if it is true.

DD

10. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

DD is done as a rocketsfan. His bias on Artest has destroyed him. What a pity! :D

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

ROFLMAO....nice.

DD

12. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

A boasting GM? ;)
    A prodigal GM? ;)
    As a GM you'll always keep the garbage and sell the talent. :D

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

When you grow up you will understand.

DD

14. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

If i grew as fat as you i would understand ;)

15. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never really agree with a lot of DD's comments but I can't stand when someone brings up something about their physical appearance. That is stupid and it just shows that you're a kid. What does his weight have to do with anything?

16. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Sorry, just kidding. DD's my favorite poster except when he's talking about Artest :D

17. killer instinct

The only people that get along with THUGS are THUGS........ the rockets do not seem to have alot of those guys and the ones that we do, can pack their bags with him.

We have a freedom to conduct business with whom we see fit in this country and while Artest has had good behavior, he has no sense of connection with the other players........therefore get what you can from him before he makes the rockets pay more dearly.

18. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Business is Business and get what you can forget the world. But thug and all ron this season has been able to connect with tracy's team better than tracy has.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

DD is totally right about Artest

Don't forget that Clutch even said that there is stuff going on with Artest in the locker room that has basically booked his ticket out of here.

Gee, that sure does sound like a guy who ruins chemistry..

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd have to disagree on that.

I've been around thugs all my life livin on the Southwest side of Houston and I really don't consider myself a thug. I have a good paying job at a logistics company and still have time to hit up the clubs on weekends and chill with my thug niggs.

My point is if you're on the same level and have the same mindset I don't see why we couldn't get on common ground bout winning a ring.

From what it looked like Artest was genuinley excited about becoming a Rocket. So something happened on the players we had side to change his mind...