1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What kind of foods do you not eat?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Even 100% juice? I'm woefully addicted to Northland cranberry juices (cranberry grape is my favorite) and Welch's grape juice and their white grape peach blend. Oh, so delicious. I think they add fiber to the concord grape one now.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You should add a little vodka to that white grape peach blend. Freaking great!

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

scallops
    chicken breast. why do people eat that dry (unless perfectly cooked) flavorless, hunk of **** eating cage bird? Amazing how popular that garbage is.
    mayo based potato salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, etc
    diet soft drinks
    light beers
    McDonalds, BK lounge, Wendy's, Subway

4. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Apparently none that would have killed me.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't eat Seafood either
    I just don't like the taste too much plus it stays in my mouth for days on end
    [occassionally I eat Tuna. . . and I have eaten FishSticks . . but not in years]

Rocket River

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have a problem with NutraSweet . .. it gives me headaches

I also don't eat Chit'lins, Pig Feet, Pig ears, Pig snouts
    I just don't eat odd parts of animals

actually I only eat like 5 meats
    Beef, Chicken, Turkey, some Pork and Tuna

No Wilde Game -squirrel, possum, coon, etc

I am more Apt to try a exotic Fruit or Veggie than an Exotic Meat

Rocket River

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Eggplant is great food (delicious and healthy) if cooked in the right way. You should try deep-fried eggplant with meat (best with fish IMO) stuffed inside.

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I don't like oyster, cheese, anything sweet in general except a few kinds of desert and icecream, carrots, sausage, anything raw except sashimi, apples, anything spicy...

10. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Eggs. I just can't eat it for some reason. It doesn't matter how it's prepared, the smell and texture make me gag everytime.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Nutrasweet is made from Aspartame. You have to remember Aspartame is the devil and is one of the vilest substances you can put in your body. Worse than tobacco. Equal is also made from Aspartame.

For your health's sake use Splenda (sucralose) or real sugar even.

12. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I don't eat meat (except for thanksgiving turkey) or drink sodas (maybe 2 a year)...that keeps my body feeling quite healthy.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Mmm...my three faves.

I don't enjoy melon (cantaloupe, honeydew, or watermelon), or any kind of raisin, craisin, or golden craisin.

I'm not too fond of rich food, such as pot pie, or anything else cream-based or overpowering with sugar.

I don't like pineapple, only because it gives me sores on my tongue. If it's sweet pineapple, it's yummy.

I can't think of one vegetable I don't like. I like everything I've tried. Asparagus might be my favorite veggie.

And I agree with the people bashing high fructose corn syrup. I've just recently begun to check the labels on every drink purchase just to make sure. If you drink non-diet sodas, or consume sugary fruit juices, you don't even know how bad it's harming your body weight-wise. My boyfriend lost 50 pounds over the years since he was a teen merely switching from regular Pepsi to Diet Pepsi. Now he'll never even think of consuming any HFCS. My soda of choice...Coke Zero. It's important to get yr water in too. :cool:

14. Buck Turgidson

Try this:

Get a fresh pineapple, skin it, core it and cut it into 1" or so cubes. Take 2/3 or so of a bunch of fresh mint and some sugar (not much, but how much sugar depends on the sweetness of the pineapple) and grind up in a mortar, or use a food processor, or just chop the hell out of it (& then mix the sugar in). Mix with pineapple in a bowl & refrigerate for an hour or so.

15. Asian Sensation

:confused:

16. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Got to try this Buck. sounds good. organic Mineola Tangerines have been really good lately. I also like the Comice pears from New Zealand available at Central market- leave em on the counter for 2 days then rinse and slice-really juicy!

17. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I really like eggplant - like in greek food. Do you have a recipe for stuffed eggplant?

FFB - what about eggplant - do you cook it? If so - how do recommend?

18. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

i eat smelly durians, tripe, chicken hearts, worms.. oh wait. this is what we don't eat? i try everything!

stuff that i prefer not to eat again: liver, tongue, brain (sheep), rotten seafood. a normal thing i can't stand: okra and chicken skin ... the slimy texture makes me gag.

me loves food.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

What I don't eat: Not much.

Sour Cream, Cottage Cheese, Ranch Dressing, curry, the cheap little mushrooms that they put on pizza. I'm sure there's a few more, but not much. Me like food.

20. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

My knowledge in cooking starts and ends with cooking instant noodles. :eek:

So...no, I don't cook it...and I don't have the receipt either...but you can find deepfried eggplant with stuffed fish in most chinese eating places. I don't know if they have a special name for it. Just try to describe what you want to the people who work there. I think they can figure you out. :)