1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What kind of foods do you not eat?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I don't eat:

Peanuts/butter, all types of seafood, fruits, vegetables.

I must be the most unhealthy sonofagun in the world...

Btw is it true peanuts/peanut butter makes your skin nice? Cause my skin is kind of dry.

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I have a weird thing about cheese. I love pizza, I eat things like fried mozzerella, I'll put parmegean on my pasta, and I'll even eat enchiladas. That's pretty much it, other than that, I won't eat any other kind of cheese.

3. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Right now, just about anything that tastes good.

Stupid diet... :(

4. Buck Turgidson

I'll tried a whole lot of strange stuff - insects, organ meats, calf fries, durian - so there's very little that I won't at least try. With most foods I dislike, it's not the flavor, but the texture that irks me:

Mayo-based salads: egg/potato/tuna. Gross, gross, gross.

Most cold, gloopy salads in general. What is this crap? Jello? For the most part, if it doesn't have greens in it, it's not a salad, people. You're not fooling anyone.

Sea urchin (uni)

Mushy steamed vegetables, they need a little crispness to 'em.

Most cold soups. There are a couple of exceptions.

Some Polish dish, don't remember the name (I called it "soggy plum balls"), but it's plums inside dough then boiled & topped with something.

Apples, apple sauce, apple juice and...apple pie. Yes, I also hate grandmas, football, puppies and the American flag.

5. pandazn

pandazn Member

o_O

You better start cramming in some huge loads of antioxidants, cause if you die soon, hey, you know why.

And your skin is dry because of your diet as well. Fruits, nuts, and grains help your skin complexion, and your skin is also dry because of a lack of Vitamin A.

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

easy...

peas
    cooked carrots
    bell peppers

It's been like that forever. Once in Memphis a new gf had decided to fix me dinner. She stuffed a bell pepper with rice, peas and carrots. We didn't date much after that...

RR

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Wtf? Are you serious?

here's why I don't like those foods:

I think I'm allergic to Peanut&butter, makes my mouth feel weird and rough, it's just so bad makes me want to puke.

Fruits: Same thing... fruits leave a very weird taste in my mouth... I just want to freaking get rid of it by drinking something when I eat bananas or something. I'm A-OK with fruit drinks though.

Seafood: I hate the taste. Crabs, lobsters, fish, etc. all of it.

Vegetables: Also leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Yucky

Will I seriously die if I don't start eating these ? I am a bit pale... and get tired easily.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Pierogi?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

McGrady, you've got some issues man. I'd like to know what you DO eat. My guess is beef, chicken and a lot of processed carbs. That isn't a good diet. Also, fruit juices are not good for you. They are nothing more than sugary soft drinks with a little nutrition added. By eating the actual fruit you get fiber, which has tremendous benefits, which includes making you feel full and satiating your appetite.

We've banned fruit juices in our house. Bologna too. I'll eat almost anything else, including uni, which is my favorite sushi. When I travel overseas, I experiment without abandon on local cuisines. I've had balut, eel, etc, etc. The only thing that just killed me to eat and I gave up on was thousand year old eggs.

10. mbiker

mbiker Member

11. Buck Turgidson

Found it: knedle

Pierogi rock. Plus, they're usually pan-fried a little after they're boiled, so they're not so gooey.

As an aside, anyone interested in some good Polish food should hit Polonia Restaurant at Campbell/Blaylock. Great food, cheap beer ("pro-shay doo-zhe peevo" = large beer, please) & Polish vodka, and there's a great deli/market next door owned by the same peeps. They fly in all their meat from a Polish butcher in Chicago, plus lots of dry goods, smoked fish & whatnot. They've been written up in the Chronicle & Press, you could probably find the reviews online.

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

mushrooms

I ended up being designated driver to a Dead Show bc of this phobia....but I got a free ticket.

13. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I'll try just about anything once.

I'm allergic to chocolate, so I avoid that.

The only sushi I don't care for is octopus. It was too "rubbery" for my tastes.

14. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

I dont like fast food anymore.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

just curious...why did you ban fruit juices??

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The food I most hate is real Chinese food, actually in China.Especially in guangzhou. I was there with my dad and some of his doctor associates from China. We would go out to eat and they wouldnt tell us what the food was, they kept saying it was "Chinese Pizza" and would then laugh. The litle bit I did try almost made me throw up

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only broad category of foods that I won't eat are vegetables disguised to be other foods.

I will eat veggies, but I won't eat veggies disguised to be a hamburger, or anything like that.

I much prefer real veggies that taste good.

I will try just about any food out there, but there are plenty that I don't like. I don't like Duck's feet, or jellyfish. I do love sea cucumber. I don't like horseradish or any products from it except for wasabi. I don't like cabbage too much, but I do like Kim Chi, though it inevitably gives me gas so I don't eat too much of it.

I don't like cauliflower, or cooked carrots, but I love raw carrots.

I like seafood especially king crab legs, and lobster. I like pizza, burgers, hotdogs, steaks, pasta, good salad with no dressing.

I don't like things that are too sweet like crappy cake with white icing. I don't like sugar coated breakfast cereals but I love grape nuts, rice chex, corn chex, bran chex, cheerios, and rice crispies.

I like plenty of desserts just not too sweet or with sprinkles and crap like that on it.

18. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

for me it is all about texture

I don't like
    oysters
    boudin ( the way the gizzards crumble in your mouth)
    odd mayo based salads (potato is okay)
    clams
    muscles
    any odd Japanese cuisines
    organs of any kind
    crazy hot food. I love spicy food but I stay away from the hottest wings or sauces at places. I don't want a hole in my stomach.
    patte

19. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

licorice, brocolli, usualy eggplant, bitter melon, dark chocolate

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

You should be thrown out of Texas. :D