1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What kind of a "Rocket" fan are you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CompaqC, Jan 18, 2004.

?

What kind of a "Rocket" fan are you?

1. Rocket Fan

94 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Houston Fan

82 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Yao-Only Fan

61 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Don't feel bad, lately I've been dating myself every weekend...

2. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

There are SOF's, maybe not as many as YOF's. Your record speaks for yourself, not for others.

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I wear Rockets underwear.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

No interruption sir....Im done with it...I ve made my position clear on a number of occasions and will just start ignoring them from here on out.

now, with that unpleasantness behind us...

I agree, those time were no fun whatsoever...but noone ever said that being a diehard fan was fun all the time. The bad times just makes the good times soo much more sweeter if you lived thru them.

You would be referring to the season where the Rockets went like 14-68?? Ugh...that one sucked royally...I remember my friend that was a Celtics fan used to hassle me all the time about how bad the Rockets were...

Talking about dating oneself...I remember when the Rockets went three seasons straight winning under 35 games each year in the early 70's...imagine being a budding ball player and seeing your favorite team play that badly every year...:(

some b**** about the past 4 seasons with no playoffs? they dont know pain...at least inthe last 4 seasons we had winning records for 2 of those seasons...:)

5. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Am glad to see there are lots of devoted "Houston fans" that would support Houston even if the team moved.....I've been a huge fan since the early 90's and have always stuck with the Rockets even during the "suckiness" years!

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't think you know some of us very well.

7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

When it comes to Basketball I am a Rockets fan no matter who is on the team.

If you are talking about sports as a whole, then I am a Houston fan no matter who are on the teams. I do have a soft spot for The Pirates. Mainly because my Uncle is a fan and I like their new park. So may be I'm a "PNCPOF oh and MULTTOF"

PumperX, you really don't know the word Fan, do you?

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Hey, there are at least a few more choices:

Yao-only hata.
    Steve-only fan.
    Steve-only hata.
    Cat-only fan.
    Cat-only hata.

9. Toast

Toast Member

If I lived in Portland or Miami or Phoenix all these years I've lived in Houston, I doubt I'd be a Rockets fan.

However, if I moved to Memphis or Los Angeles or Denver today, I'd still be a Rockets fan.