1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What it means to be Anti-Woke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Apr 25, 2024.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You can keep bringing up Paul Pelosi until you're blue in the face, that still doesn't make any of what you say true. It was a developing situation. My point was - and remains the same - that the attacker does not appear to be the "right-wing extremist" you leftists would love him to be. He seems more like a mentally unstable former leftist who got into conspiracy theories.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

actually, everything i said was true. you spent pages and pages in that thread mocking pelosi for getting attacked in his own home and accusing him of being gay. youre not even denying it so im not sure what youre arguing with me about here.

perhaps you shouldnt go around accusing others of having no moral compass when you do stuff like that?

3. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Bullshit. You drove the Paul Pelosi gay lover shtick for days.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You will not find one post of mine where I stated it as fact. I re-posted news articles and speculation as the situation was developing.

And, again, y'all desperately trying to paint the crazy attacker as "right-wing" was nonsense.

5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

You kept speculating days after it was proven not to be true. Don't you have some CEOing to do? You are on here constantly with your 18 Hours of Hate.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he wasn't right wing, then why did he say the stuff he did under oath? He sounds like a right wing extremist to me.

During his testimony, DePape echoed right-wing conspiracy theories and told jurors he had planned to wear an inflatable unicorn costume and record his interrogation of Nancy Pelosi to upload it online. Prosecutors say he had rope and zip ties with him. Detectives also found body cameras, a computer and a tablet.

DePape testified that his plan was to get Nancy Pelosi to admit that she had been lying to the American people. “If she lied, I would break her kneecaps,” he said. “The choice is on her.”

He said he would then move to other targets, including a women’s and queer studies professor who testified at the trial, California Gov. Gavin Newsom, actor Tom Hanks and President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden.

He told jurors he believed news outlets repeatedly lied about former President Donald Trump. In rants posted on a blog and online forum that were taken down after his arrest, DePape echoed the baseless, right-wing QAnon conspiracy theory that claims the U.S. government is run by a cabal of devil-worshipping pedophiles. He repeated QAnon-like conspiracies during his testimony, referring to a cabal and the ruling elite and saying they are eroding Americans’ liberty and allowing the abuse of children.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...eral-assault-and-attempted-kidnapping-charges

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He is a crazy conspiracy theorist. You know, right-wingers are usually against (illegal) immigration. This guy happens to be an illegal immigrant. He spent his entire life in left-wing circles, including being a contributor to a very far left-wing local publication (he was a photographer for them). His ex-wife confirmed that he was always left-wing. The protests he likely participated in at Pelosi's house (and likely why he knew the address) were organized by very far-left organizations. Etc. But as I have always said, far-left and far-right are actually closer to each other than either of them is to a centrist, moderate person.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No matter what you call him he shares a lot of the same beliefs as the right wing nutjobs who attend Trump rallies. He hated Pelosi as much as Trump and his right wing conspiracy theorist spreaders. Even Trump and MTG spread that crap, and embraced Q, and they are both right wing. So, like you said, violent political extremists often share some beliefs if he is a left wing extremist.

That's why it's dangerous for leaders like Trump and his MAGA brown shirts to egg them on, and to continue spreading conspiracy theories and lies. It's how that whole BS from homophobes started about the incident to begin with. Even sicker are the ones who found humor in such a brutal attack. A couple of your buddies on here actually. That's a whole dark level of hate. When politicians like inciting far left or far right extremists to commit violence, they are dangerous. Trump embraced some of those extremist groups Jan 6th, and still does. Now he plays their anthem and continues calling them Patriots. It's sick and disturbing, but I expect that from a psychopath.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Salvy
    @ROXRAN

athletes and comedians don’t like them woke

only fat people who hate chicken want woke

AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Tony Hinchcliffe is based AF, I remember him calling out the Chinese cry baby clowning on U.S.A and then trying to cancel Tony because Tony actually loves America....

tinman likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

@ROXRAN
    Remember this debs
    The timberwolves are playing great

I don’t think of the fans care that a bunch of chickens got fried

I ate fried chicken last week

Salvy likes this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

@Salvy
    @ROXRAN
    @K9Texan
    @CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul
    LOL!
    These kids fleeced the school, they weren't in black face, they were using ACNE CREAM
    LOL!

Salvy and ROXRAN like this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Woke people are so stupid, meanwhile their fellow woke dumbass...

[​IMG]

16. tinman

Supporting Member

@Salvy

AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Bruh, The NFL even released a statement trying to appease all the ugly fat liberal woke women and woke enthusiast simps..... They hate normal......

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"angry, hateful, and obsessed," FB? I would say that your words are too mild if directed at the most prominent of those who are here spewing bigotry toward the trans community. I would certainly add bigoted, intolerant, and dishonest, at the very least.

FranchiseBlade and seemoreroyals like this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is very strange. Those on the right that are anti-Trans make post after post of selectively edited videos and hateful attacks.

Very few people on the left even respond or try to make points. Yet, they keep posting more and more as if someone is trying to argue or discuss something with them.

Sometimes they'll make comments about what woke people think (it's never the people who are actually 'woke' commenting). Then they'll just keep on posting the hate.

It's like they've created an imaginary group of people who are zealously arguing with them and must somehow be triggered by the things they post. They will then attribute imaginary feelings and positions to this imaginary woke group and carry on, not realizing most people just aren't paying them much attention to them.