1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What it means to be “woke”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by durvasa, Apr 19, 2022.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

All of those "woke" SCWs that are beating the CRT drum are just ... idiots.

Good to know!

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Woke like Critical Race Theory has achieved critical mass as a slur for ridicule by both mainstream conservatives and "moderates" because it allows for putting down "uppity" subgroups without the overt racial overtones while also getting bonus points from being derived from AAVE.

Similar to how Prayer Warrior has become a term of ridicule despite its original use by conservative evangelicals.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Actually, the Democrat left has tarred and feathered itself with this in a way that they cannot shake free of or wash off.

They are identified by it. They own it. Or perhaps more correctly, wokeness owns them. They will wear this like an un-ignorable tattoo on their faces going into this next election, paired with the odious stench that goes along with it, and no smart-ass retort by any of you people is going to change that at this point.

4. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

You're a caricature of the conservative movement, moving lock-step with the the movement no matter where it takes you.

Deckard, JayGoogle and No Worries like this.
  5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

A mindlessly evasive ad-hominem response. Why am I not surprised.

giddyup likes this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Nothing evasive. I think you're a bad person.

fchowd0311 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

And you wonder why the world is polarized......that is what the slogan means to the right, but it is not what the term means - it means enlightened.

Trumpers continue to make **** up like "Cancel Culture" or "Woke" or anything they don't like they try to slogan it up, so their base of uneducated can have something to chew on without really understanding what they are putting in their mouth.....

Then they repeat it over and over, trying to make it stick.

The right has lost the battle of ideas - they have nothing....nothing for the planet, nothing for equal rights, nothing for the people - they are the party of nothing - well except, crooks, pedophiles and conmen.

DD

HakeemOnlyFan, Newlin and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

These are neither made up nor are they only used by Trumpers.

MojoMan likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think where we are at is the word has been tainted by a movement to cast anybody who actually cares about social injustice against the disempowered as a "woke" idiot. But, just as with any other political orientation, you can be "woke" and an idiot, or you can be "woke" and do the right things as far as speaking out, volunteer work, activism, etc.

FrontRunner and jiggyfly like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Actually, you suffer from untreated mental illness.

Deckard likes this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Yet another mindlessly evasive ad-hominem response. Perhaps this is a byproduct of being infected with the woke "mind virus".

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yes, they are......they are slogans for the stupid......there is no such thing as any of it....just meant to ridicule, they are meaningless drivel contrived to rile up the ignorant and stupid.....

The "enlightened" crowd is empathetic and educated to the uneven playing field.

Which I find Ironic ATW, in that you of Asisn heritage, benefited from a woke culture in Germany - yet are now fighting against it....

You think embracing the racism of the right is somehow better? The message of dividing and hate?

There are literally people in the USA beating up Asian folks because they look different than them - and that ain't coming from the left.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ate-crimes-attacks-seven-asian-american-women

https://thediplomat.com/2021/06/how-trump-fueled-anti-asian-violence-in-america/

So you are literally embracing a movement that hates you for your heritage.

DD

#32 DaDakota, Apr 20, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, perhaps....... or perhaps you are mentally ill.

dmoneybangbang and No Worries like this.
  14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If you regard not being infected with the woke "mind virus" as a state of mental illness, then I suppose according to that absurd definition, I am.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#35 deb4rockets, Apr 20, 2022
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm neither of Chinese heritage nor have I ever benefited from "woke" culture.

giddyup and tinman like this.
  17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I should have said Asian, my bad.....but the point that you benefitted from the German WOKE culture is valid, everyone benefits....remember you have posted pictures of yourself at Bayern Munich matches.....

You should be better than making fun of others......and trying to divide.

LOL - at Tinman liking it when he has a similar background.

Getting caught up in a movement that literally hates people for their skin tone, sexual orientation, political stance - well anything...a party of hate - to me, is stupid.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/06/how-trump-fueled-anti-asian-violence-in-america/

Edit: I can see where saying Chinese, when you are Korean would be poor - should have said Asian - My apologies.

DD

#37 DaDakota, Apr 20, 2022
    No Worries likes this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Is the mind virus a creation of the North Atlantic Globalist Elite, or another nefarious organization?

I am in the basement, I have got my string out and am trying to connect all the pieces.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

They certainly appear to be infected by it. But at its foundation it is a creation adapted directly from Marxism.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not Chinese or German
    I’m just a 99er
    @basso