1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your expectation if Tilman doesn’t pay luxury tax next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Nov 2, 2020.

?

What is your prediction for regular season and playoffs next season?

1. 3-4 seed and conference finals

2. 3-4 seed and second round exit

3. 5-6 seed and first round exit

4. 7-8 seed and first round exit

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilly and Stone must NOT trade RoCo (i.e. give him away for lesser/cheaper player) or worse, cut RoCo, to avoid tax.

Patrick will not let that happen.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets already right at the cap so would need to dump salary first if they wanted to use full MLE without getting hard capped.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not looking good fam.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This is not 100% factual ..... I did the math not long ago , its posted in one of the Silas threads and they can actually stay below the apron while using the NT-MLE without any of the above by only carrying 14 players , one player must be on a rookie minimum , another on a 1st year minimum.
    They could easily remain under the tax line simply by not using the MLE and doing the same.

Here's that post -

D-rock likes this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Gordon, Covington, and House to Orlando for T.Ross, Issac, and Bama. 2020 2nd rd Pick(#45) Teams Involved : Rockets and Orlando Magic ;;;;;
    Not only gives you size you need, and youth but also saves you 6 Million Towards the cap which would help bring in Another player without pushing the thresh hold Luxury Tax. You could possibly get a late 2nd rd pick to make the trade even for Houston. Gordon is the better player to Ross, so i can see Orlando taking him on for shooting purposes. Covington is better player as well to Issac. Better at Defense, and would be upgrade to Orlando system Slightly.
    Rockets would get MO Bama a legit 7-0 footer who could come in and start become what Capela did w. Harden, Issac is a up coming rookie with Height 6-11' that's not a big drop off much from Covington but may increase his role here as starter because hes not behind Gordon in Orlando anymore. Ross contract is lesser than Gordon, and hes does a little what Gordon does scoring wise/. Gordon would be a upgrade to the Magic, as well as Covington. But i see Rockets getting better of the deal because there getting positions of need w/ Youth , Height , and Defensive Rebounding. and Saving on the cap that would allow them a little breathing room to spend There MLE, BTE, and Vets without going into far in tax. (6 Million this trade saves them towards the cap)

Anyways this trade does get them out of the luxury tax without dropping to far off talent wise, and gives them what they need, why i brought it up here. Seems like a no brainer to swing the deal.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tax line is 132M and Rockets currently have 131M cap hold.

7. TimDuncanDonaut

D-rock likes this.
  8. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I agree. Trust me I hate Tilman just as much as every person in this city does maybe even more only because I’ve worked for him and he’s a cheap POS that loves to lowball his employees and work them like slaves.

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'What happened to that guy? '