1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is wrong with Herschel Walker?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 29, 2022.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I didn't think Walker would win but that was much closer than I thought. This was truly an election about party over country, they would prop up anyone and as long as they have an "r" next to their name they would vote for them. Politics as usual, it's just disgusting they would not vote for someone who could actually do something good for the state of Georgia. I for one am happy that trump backed so many losers otherwise we would have seen the red wave............come on gop, don't quit trump now, the country needs you to back him at all costs so we can win in 2024

Andre0087 likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

There's no guarantee the climate will be better for Democrats in 2024. One thing we do know is that the map heavily favors Republicans with 23 D seats up for grabs vs 10 Rs. And of those seats, Dems hold the lion's share of vulnerable seats (seats won by 7 points of fewer in 2018).

Sinema AZ
    Stabenow MI
    Tester MT
    Rosen NV
    Brown OH
    Manchin WV

vs.

Scott FL
    Braun IN (retiring)
    Hawley MO
    Cruz TX

While all these seats are 'in play', the more practical reality is that the only seat that is flippable for Democrats (and I use that term liberally) is Braun's, while pretty much every single one of those D seats I listed up there is a coinflip save for Stabenow. By election day 5 of those 6 may even lean R.

The balance of power is really on a razor's edge and just about every outcome (full R control or full D control of Washington) is on the table, which is wild. A bad economy in 2024 with a non-Trump candidate could result in that Red Tsunami we were all expecting in 2022. If the economy stabilizes or improves and the Republicans run Trump again, we could see the Senate hold, while the House flips back to Dems.

#822 DonnyMost, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    ElPigto, juicystream and Andre0087 like this.
  3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It is why this runoff was so vital. 2024 is likely to be a bloodbath if things don't change. Joe Biden has been fairly successful as a President, but doubts about his mental acuity are only going to get worse. Will Republicans really nominate Trump again? Biden isn't beating anyone else. Dems can't afford to lose all branches of Government again.

Nook and ROCKSS like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Likewise, if the literally dead candidate for the Dems had had an (I) by his name, he wouldn't have received the votes he got either.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

R won the GA gov race by 8pts. R on track to lose the GA senate race by 3pts. 11 pts spread.

The base is hopelessly loyal but there are still enough to reject horrible candidates.

IBTL, jiggyfly, ROCKSS and 1 other person like this.
  6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

at least he isnt a pedo.

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That’s happened to both parties and I’ve already stated that…also has nothing to do with this thread.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It does - you were complaining about the base being hopelessly loyal - same mechanism - to a large extent, it doesn't matter if the candidate is brain dead, actually dead, they are going to vote for their party. That's just the way it is.

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Let me put it simply, if Herschel were running as a Democrat I’d denounce him and he would never get my vote. There’s a reason these dumbasses are running as Republicans…

IBTL, jiggyfly, Xerobull and 4 others like this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Double post

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Yep, the fraud was Herschel...

12. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

You mean the candidate who could couldn't be removed from the ballot because they had already been printed? You also realize people were told to vote for the dead candidate so a special election could be held. Instead of just giving it to the only other person on the ballot.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

DeSantis doesn’t run til 2028. A primary against Trump would damage him tremendously.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup…I would never vote for a candidate like Herschel Walker

if it was Herschel Walker the Democrat, I’d be attacking him all the same

I’d be furious that a low IQ violent dead beat minstrel show character made it as far as he did

VooDooPope, jiggyfly, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Timing is everything in politics. Politically, at this time, he's a fool to skip 2024.

juicystream likes this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's still a long way to the 2024 primary. Sadly, at this time, it's basically a coin flip between him and DeSantis. Damn Republicans still refused to say they won't support Trump even after his call to terminate the Constitution. There is really no red line.

What we do know is this. If Trump is the nominee, it's a full jump on that ship again. If he's not, they will all be (and were always) never Trumper.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. juicystream

Only if he loses to Trump...

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What are you disapointed with?

The Republican Party for nominating him, or for all the Republicans that voted for him to make the margin so close?

IBTL likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why could Biden not beat anyone else?

I keep hearing that, but nobody says why?

Biden has a great track record to run on, and the Republicans are going to be a fractured party come 2024 nobody they have can unify that party and if Trump is still alive he will make sure the party is divided.

What makes you think that the Republican Party will change or that the country will be willing to go back to the party that does nothing?

The Republicans are already threatening blocking everything again and that will not play well leading up to 2024.

Why do you think anybody else can beat Biden, it makes no logical sense?

20. juicystream

Because Biden didn't win in 2020 as much as Trump lost. I remember when the Republicans were a fractured party in 2016...