1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is there to be angry about?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 24, 2008.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear these stories about how some of the Hillary supporters are so angry they won't vote for Obama. They claim they aren't getting the respect they deserve and things of this nature.

What are they angry about? The sexism against Hillary came from the media or people other than Obama. Claiming they need all these special considerations makes them seem less empowered, rather than strong empowered fighters for women's rights.

I'm completely baffled.

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Oh so many reasons for Hillary supporters to feel like they've been sent to the back of the bus by Obama...

1) The fraud perpetrated against her supporters at the cauci
    2) Misrepresentations of her positions by Barack Obama
    3) Taking her life's work and dismissing it as 'old politics' by Obama
    4) Portraying her husband as a racist by Obama
    5) Not letter her delegates in Michigan/Florida count (when it mattered)
    6) Manipulating/Intimidating her delegates by fraudulent means as recently as this week
    7) Not fundraising aggressively to retire her campaign debts
    8) Mysogisitic behavior by Obama and his supporters
    9) Not even vetting her or considering her for VP
    10) One last poke in the eye by releasing the VP text at 3:00am
    11) Suppressing her supporters and trying to silence them

Shall I continue?

#2 El_Conquistador, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  3. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

i think this angry clinton supporter group is made up of VERY few people. it will not be signifigant.

its mostly the media wanting controversy, some republicans acting like clinton supporters trying to create controversy, and a few outspoken people who want attention.

On the issues, clinton and obama are one in the same and at the end of the day that is what will matter.

4. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

And I am sure someone will point to the recent discredited 'poll' that says only slightly more than half of clinton supporters are supporting obama now.

Laughable.

If that poll were true, Obama would be down overall by 15-20 to mccain.

In clinton stronghold PA, Obama is up 5 on mccain in recent polling.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That may be. There are things for them to be angry about, but directing that anger at Obama just seems misguided.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They have two and a half months to get over it. I really think they'll look and realize what a disaster four more years of Bush will be and get out and vote for Obama.

7. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Remember, Hillary voters, the only way she will ever become President is to vote McCain in 2008. That's a fact. Hold on to your dreams of Hillary 2012!

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

As a Hillary supporter, I completely agree -- and that's why I'm not participating in all that BS. Yes, there are definitely legitimate issues and complaints over the Dem primaries and I share a few of them myself -- but they're almost all directed at the media and Democratic Party leadership. Very few, if any, have to do directly with Obama -- and as such, it's completely unfair and illogical to hold him accountable for factors out of his control.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think you are right, RM95. I'll add, however, that I think the 3am VP text was uncharacteristicly stupid on the part of Obama's campaign. It was like kicking an ant-hill next to your sidewalk that was going about its business. You kick it and the ants start running around, ticked off. They crawl around on your sidewalk and bite your kid's bare feet. Absent the kick, no one would even notice the damn things, except for the hil.

Impeach Bush.

#9 Deckard, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As a Hillary supporter, I'm not pissed at Obama. I might not vote for him but I am not pissed. He's a little too liberal for my tastes. It all depends on who McCain chooses for a running mate.

11. Major

Major Member

The whole text msg thing was executed horribly in general. It should have gone out in the middle of the week, but barring that, it should have gone out Friday morning when it was clear Obama had made his decision. I still have no idea if the 3am thing was on purpose. On one hand, it's quite the coincidence if it wasn't. On the other, the media "offically" broke the story around 1 or 2am when they started reporting that Secret Service was showing up at Biden's house, so it may have forced the campaign's hand to send it out. Reports Friday evening were that Obama was going to send them around 10am Saturday - not sure if those were false or if the plan changed.

But all around, it was really badly executed.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Then we completely agree. Batman called it ballsy at the time (I hope I spelled "ballsy" right!) and I thought about saying it was stupid then ((Batman clearly thought it was on purpose), but decided to let it go. I really, REALLY want to go on about the business of electing the next Democratic President of the United States and have no interest in going over the primary fight again. I have to admit there are times that it is damned near impossible not to comment about something that made me think of it. I'm really trying hard to control myself, believe it or not. :)

Impeach Bush.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The text was supposed to go out early Saturday morning. The 3 a.m. text was purely a result of the story breaking too early because the people who weren't chosen as VP talked to CNN. The Obama campaign had to decide, after investing so much in promising to alert their supporters first, whether to let the media beat the text by an hour or by 7 hours. They chose to honor their promise as best they could and get the news to supporters asap.

So the idea that they did it as a poke in the eye to Clinton when they need her most is beyond stupid. (Not surprised Deckard took it that way as he sees evil intent in everything Obama does and nothing Clinton does when it comes to this stuff.)

But the most hilarious thing is that Obama could ever be the bigger jerk where the idea of "3 a.m." is concerned. That term is only in the lexicon because Hillary's people put it there with a particularly nasty campaign ad.

If those people want to re-ignite that fight, fine. I'm sick to death of it and it has the power to do great damage to our party and our nation, but fine. I'll fight anybody that still has a problem with this junk sufficiently that they would consider registering their disdain by helping to elect John McCain.

It's funny to me how Deckard got so all-powerful offended by the idea that I vowed not to support Hillary if she was the nominee but has nothing to say against all the dead-enders that won't support Obama. No, when they do the wrong thing that's Obama's fault too. Awesome.

14. Batman Jones

I'm trying to control myself too, Deckard. But every time I hear of an offended Hillary supporter (when Obama's only crime was to beat her fair and square), it's harder than hell.

I thought it was funny and I thought it was ballsy, yes. I did NOT think it was a poke in Hillary's eye. And, by the way, I got my text at 2:50. Others got it before and some others got it after.

It was not a dig at Hillary. Only the craziest people could believe it was.

15. Batman Jones

p.s. I just re-read my original post from when the text went out. What I thought was ballsy was waking people up in the middle of the night, not dissing Clinton. The 3 a.m. thing I just thought was a funny coincidence. All of that should be clear if you read my post.

16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Bullschit. Total Bullschit. Sorry, but that's just pathetic spin. Out of all of the hours in the day, it had to go out at 3:00am? You yourself said it was a 'ballsy move' when he did it! Your own words, friend. That's quite a coincidence, Batman, would you agree? Man up and admit that Obama played a petty, childish prank on the Hillary die-hards by timing his text message stunt for 3:00am. It's juvenile. Then he wants her supporters to embrace him? All the while, he is shutting down their blogs, building cages with razor wire on them in Denver for the unruly ones, and then slow-playing efforts to retire her campaign debt? Give me a freaking break. This was HILLARY'S TIME and Obama used intimidation and dirty Chicago-style tactics to steal it from her, despite losing the popular vote. You need to face facts.

17. Batman Jones

Take the bet, dork.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is baffled by the anger directed at Obama.

What is interesting about this is that people who are complaining and act like they are owed all kinds of special considerations is that it doesn't make them look empowered at all.

That's sad, especially for those who were approaching Hillary's campaign from a pro feminist angle. It takes away what should be an empowering thing, and tarnishes it.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sure. Whatever you say, Batman. I wouldn't dream of disagreeing with you. Up with party unity and all. Yeah, I'm really all for it. I really am. I'm so into party unity that I'm not going to post what I think of your posts.

Kudos!

Impeach Bush/Cheney.

20. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Look Batman, on the 3:00am issue, you find yourself in the unenviable position of having to contradict your own words. You need to man up and admit that you are spinning this issue. You aren't doing a very good job of it. Obama has 24 hours in a day to release the text. When does it get released? 3:00am. That's just hella stupid.