1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the Video Game of the Year for 2009?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Dec 27, 2009.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Only games I've played that were 2009 releases were ODST, FF IV: The after years, and Wii Fit Plus.

None of them probably deserve to be game of the year. FF IV: the after years is extremely addicting to me though.

2. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I frequent a Playstation message board and VTEG_PSN posted the following message today:

Seems like 2011 would be the date. Looking forward to it.

4. rezdawg

For anyone interested, Assassin's Creed II is 39.99 at best buy or amazon. Not sure if its a temporary thing or not.

I picked up my copy at Best Buy today...even though its still displayed at 59.99.

5. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I'd have to put up Killzone 2 and MW2 up there, with Killzone slightly ahead. Just superb game overall. Sure Multiplayer is better in MW2, but the single player campaign and presentation of Killzone 2 blows MW out of the water.

I'm getting Uncharted 2 later tonight, and I'm expecting nothing but awesome.

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm really disappointed I haven't had a chance to play at least some of those yet. I even bought some of them already, but they're just collecting dust at the moment...or...um...digital dust in the case of Steam games.

Although in my defense, I actually have played a decent amount of games this year. But for some reason, I seem to be sticking to games released prior to this year. Fallout 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, King's Bounty: The Legend, Okami, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space, The Witcher, and probably several others that I'm forgetting.

Surprised at how much attention Demon's Souls is getting. The game does deserve it though.

7. dback816

dback816 Member

Quit at the creepy Ocean Hotel many moons ago and never got back into it...

8. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Did a quick skim through the thread, and I think U2 is currently in the lead. MW2 and Demon's Souls are tied for 2nd if I did the math right. Was a bit lazy with the counting, so might have missed a bit, but that's the basic trend.

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

3. Spider Solitaire
    2. Minesweeper
    1. Solitaire

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i looked at the other past threads. one was 2 pages and the next were 3 pages. we need to get this one to 4.

come on guys VOTE!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

11. A00man

A00man Member

1. Uncharted 2
    2. Assassin's Creed 2
    3. Killzone 2

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I am changing my vote to Assasin's Creed 2. I am only about halfway done, but it is great.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

let me guess you thought aliens 2 was better then alien.

:confused:

;)

14. rezdawg

Im about a quarter of the way through...still cant gauge my feelings towards it. For some reason, as much as I feel like Im getting worn out of playing MP on MW2, I find myself putting away Assassins to play MW2. Thats making me question whether or not I think AS2 is a great game.

Having said that, I like the variety I find in AS2...having a villa is a nice touch as well. I think the only thing that is slightly annoying is the fact that there are guards every 20 feet, so thats inhibiting me from running around like I'd want to. And I feel like the graphics pertaining to the people, are terrible...like their hands, for example...looks like a couple generations ago.

I do have to admit though, I like the game more than I did the first hour I played it...and as I am progressing, it is growing on me, even if it is at a slow pace.

15. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I think COD:MW2 will be everyones answer, but for me it is Dragon Age: Origins all the way.

16. MadRox

MadRox Member

it's gonna be 2010 tomorrow, and i predict Starcraft2 to be GOY2010 (can't wait to play it) =)

17. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Yeah, so after a few hours of Uncharted 2, it is definitely game of the year.

Incredible.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Picked up Super Mario Wii yesterday, and I'm loving it. Mostly its just reliving Mario 3 and Mario World that makes it so great, but still very much worth the $40 at BB.

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

1-Demon's Souls
    2-Uncharted 2
    10-Other Stuff

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Just reduce your notoriety, it sucks having to go out of your way to become anonymous again but it's worth it to not have to worry about guards all of the time.