1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the "real" reason Muslims don't eat pork?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tree-Mac, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm in Memphis on a blues & BBQ tour and will be destroying ribs the next couple of days... vengeance on the pigs!!

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Because pigs are filthy animals

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0zJSgHDnpw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0zJSgHDnpw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Is it, really?

IS IT?

4. moose

moose Member

In addition to pigs not being clean that posters have posted, pigs don't have many functional sweat glands. Therefore, most of their sweat isn't excreted. At least to me, that is gross.

5. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

yah. really

is sarcasm right?

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL how do you expect an answer to this :grin:.

7. Disciple of RP

Yessir!
    [​IMG]

We also all love Jerry Springer...hell, most of us have made an appearance. But I see you already know what Americans are all about. You, sir, are a smart man. Always seeing the truth, never blinded by outside influences. I admire you.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Guess you missed this little part of the equation. Isn't just muslims that apparently have it written somewhere. Christians and Jews are in the same boat.

Try not to show that you are a complete ignorant part of society. Have a discussion and give your point of views instead of looking like a 5 year old trying to pick on others beliefs.

9. Disciple of RP

^^

To be fair, maybe he thinks Christians and Jews are stupid too.

Are you not picking on his beliefs now?

10. Stack24

Then he can clearly come out and say that is the case.

I just irks me no matter what the context or debate when someone says something ignorant. Whether it's religion or basketball, just come to the table with something useful and leave the BS child stuff out of it. I will completely listen and hear your points if you have something valid to say.

I'm not picking on his beliefs with my statement. I am just stating that you can have a conversation or an opinion in a more adult manner. You can have any thoughts you want but convey them properly.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Serious answer, I think it has hygienic reasons which made sense at the time. Most of those ancient books like bible and quran are a mix of spiritual advice and practical life guidance. If you look at it today, I would claim there is no real reason not to eat it. That said, I don't eat it much if at all, just a matter of taste.

12. Disciple of RP

I was about to say "fair enough"...but then I reread your post.

He says "...because a stupid book tells them so..." or something of that nature.

For the record: I think the bible, quran, tanank, ginza rba, sruti, and all books by L. Ron Hubbard are complete, utter BS created by men to control other stupid men.

So, you are saying because he didn't specifically identify ALL religious books (written by man) as stupid, THIS is what you take offense to? You claim that you'll listen to any "valid" point but it seems as if you're just mad b/c you think he's downing on your religion and only your religion. Please elaborate.

#72 Disciple of RP, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

This is in my path.

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

You've mistook me. I hate all those books equally.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

3...2...1 before this goes to the D&D :). Just wait until adeelsiddiqui and his cousin find this thread...

16. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Shut it, Nazi.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL...

18. Disciple of RP

Don't laugh. You know as well as i do:

this internet is serious business. Period.

19. Stack24

Much clearer and concise statement. Now that I see you aren't picking out one specific book then your okay to hate all books equally lol.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've never had pork..

A few weeks ago I tried to have some, I just couldn't. If you've grown up a Muslim, they pump so much **** inside your head about pork that at some point you don't know what's true or not, and you don't knowwhere it is in your head but it's in there somewhere.

It's mental I think. Even if somehow you lifted the ban for Muslims, most of the first generation wouldn't have any.

I'll probably try again a few more times, but I don't think I'll succeed. Since I'm allergic to seafood, I'm pretty much stuck with beef and chicken.

I'm now trying raindeer and camel. I hear it's goood.