1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the Power Forward soultion?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by binvegas, Feb 28, 2007.

1. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

The rockets have tried for years to get a quality power forward.
    Drafting Malick Badiane- doubtful to ever play in league
    Free Agent Stromile Swift- Had to go needs a heart transplant.
    Trade for Howard- A couple of years to late.
    Drafting Novak- Has a chance to be a 20 to 25 minute shooter. No Defense and rebounding not up to par not Van Gundy type would play on another team.
    Drafting Lior Eliyahu- Seems athletic but plays with a team of players that shoot everytime they touch the ball.
    Chuck Hayes- I call him Rudy I wish everyone had your heart son, to short and has the worst form on jumper in league next to Shawn Marion.
    Solution for the future this is a huge gamble and may blow up in our face. However we gave bad contracts to Price, Kato, Maloney, Swift, etc. Making a offseason trade for Kenyon Martin he fell out of favor in Denver, he is coming off a serious injury he would have to pass a physical before a trade could be made anyway. If healthy weakside shot-blocker possibly best to third best on our team, the same with rebounding, and would be a solid scorer. Who do you want next year for power forward.

2. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

KG is my choice.

4. Elephant King

Elephant King New Member

Just a random trade thought.

Is it possible for KG to opt out of his contract and join Rockets in the summer? I mean considering all the salary cap thing or luxury tax?

I mean KG is worths ANY boss in the league to break their bank... it'd be dumb not to acquire him just because of the luxury tax... or am I missing any other constraints there?

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

calling all capologists

6. dookiester

dookiester Member

rashard lewis

7. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

stop posting and go read your law school books.

8. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

i do agree with rashard lewis though. he has good size and he's athletic as well. it was reported on espn that he is expect to reject their contact extension offer. he should sign with us! he's from houston as well so maybe that will help win him over! that would be sweet if we got rashard.

9. anitasri

anitasri Member

People forget that this is a business- and KG costs 21 Million. IF we spent half that we will get an upgrade at the PF spot.

KG- the talent- is a whole another story.

10. bjshot

bjshot Member

I think 2 years ago Rockets had a chance to get Tyson Chandelar through sign and trade, A MC + JuwanH + some picks. He is perfect fit with Yao. and He is young and growing. But don't why nobody even consider it and Rockets sign Swift with MC.

11. Sextuple Double

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Rockets need to make changes regardless of outcome between now and the last game of the finals. They don't want a repeat of last season when the older vets started playing like older vets.

JHO and Deke need to go. It's not an easy cut but it has to be made. Wesley's a good example of why it has to be done. For all the criticism he got he did put up some good numbers and was a key player last season still but just got too old this season.

The drafted player is too low a pick to be dependable, so he'll be the unofficial 15th man.

The best PF they've had next to Yao was Cato. Bring him back next season for the vet's min as a vet and third stringer.

PG: Rafer, (PG via JHo trade), VSpan
    SG: T-Mac, Head, Snyder
    SF: Battier, (Free Agent/Luke Walton), Novak
    PF: Kleiza, Hayes, Cato
    C: Yao, Jake
    +Drafted player

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We should've never traded Kenny Thomas. But realistically speaking i dunno how to fix the pf positon. I mean i would say the draft, but we'd be hard-pressed to see JVG given a rookie pt, so that s out of the question. Maybe we can sign Jamal Magloire in the off-season? HOw much is he worth?

14. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

not a bad ideal!

where do you think he will be projected in the draft?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We need a new one.

DD

16. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Would not waste my money, he has about as much heart for the game as Swift!!!

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

another scenario i'd be for is jho for mike james and a denver deal involving lucas+sura+1st pick for kleiza+najera (if najera picks up his option, he also plays sf, pf and c). denver will be desperate to cut salary next season. again sign cato.

pg: rafer, mj, vspan
    sg: tmac, head, snyder
    sf: battier, najera, novak
    pf: kleiza, hayes, cato
    c: yao, jake

then add another offensive wing free agent like kapono or matt carroll.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

This position along with point guard is a long-standing problem that the organization apparently cannot solve. I am not convinced that we have the brightest bulbs in the box running this show.

19. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

i would love to have chris wilcox.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is based on what, exactly. I'm critical of JVG all the time for not giving players enough of a chance, but which coach in the league has a "type" at PF that includes no defense or rebounding. And how exactly do we know he'd play on another team??