1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the logic behind LOF's?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. archinkent

archinkent Member

I don't deny Mchale wants to win, but to the extent of benching your starting pg just cuz he is not shooting as well, or turning the ball over one too many times, can seriously demoralised a player. And people wonder why Lin plays so passive.

2. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

?????

3. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Sorry, I just typed some nonsense. :)

4. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Oh, come on, this is the Internet. People do weirder things. There are a few Nov/Dec people who "joined" to hate. I don't know where they came from. Maybe existing "fans" signing up new accounts to stir up $hit.

I put both LoHs and LoFs on my ignore list. Life is so much better when you do that.

5. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Best analysis of the current battlefield involving LOFs and LOHs.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nobody has ever said having a favorite player is wrong in any way, shape, or form. I have a favorite player, as I'm sure many others do as well.

But it's the people that migrate from team to team with said player, not caring about the success of the actual team, and making blind claims as to why said player is performing better than he truly is, and overlooking each and every one of his faults while picking apart others.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the Yao fans were motivated by nationalistic reasons

they believe the glory for the Rockets with the glory with Yao means glory for their country, like winning the olympics

So Tracy McGrady fans were motivated by pure jealously of Kobe Bryant and other stars who have superior playoff resumes

Tracy has accomplished some strong individual things like being a scoring champion
    they want the Rockets to win so they can say that Tracy led them to some long winning streak where he only played 21 games, they want team accomplishment so they can turn around and give credit to Tracy for it. if that doesn't happen then they'll blame the teammates, coaches etc.

they want some ammo and pride when a somehow wearing a LeBron Jersey and Kobe Jersey laughs in their face

The Lin fans
    they are not motivated by any team accomplishments. they just want Linsanity back, they want to live vicariously through him cause it gives them hope that they could be in the spot light or popular one day like Lin.

they don't care about the wins, they care about the attention. they are like people who you wouldn't invite in your house because they don't respect property or authority. they feel entitled , even though they never saw a mortgage payment in their life.

they must be purged from this house of Clutch City.

8. Roxs

Roxs Member

You know one thing that I'm noticing is that both LOF and LOH have unrealistically high expectations of Lin. The reason why this is true for LOH is because they wouldn't trash Lin if he had insane stats on a regular basis. I recall reading that all an LOH forum member wanted from Lin is for him to average 16 pts and 8 dimes a game. That's elite PG territory. In the past 10 years it's only been done by the following guards:

Stephon Marbury (3 Times)
    Russell Westbrook (1 Time)
    Chris Paul (4 Times)
    Gary Payton (1 Time)
    Deron Williams (5 Times)
    Chauncey Billips
    Jason Kid (1 Time)
    Steve Nash (4 Times)
    Baron Davis (1 Time)
    John Wall (2 Times)

So basically what LOH people are saying is that they will rag on Lin unless he's elite.

But at the same time, I see stupid comments by LOF every now and then. Some are really stupid. But I guess you can expect that if you insult someone's favorite player. Then what I see is a downward spiral of attacking back and forth.

It's been said tons of time on this forum, but people need to just calm the F down.

Anyway, I'm not going to get on someone for liking/loving their favorite player. LOFs, even though they say stupid stuff, they understand that Lin is only as good as the team and would want the team to win.

It's just been so extreme here...the hate and the love. You guys just need to meet in the middle cause the truth is always somewhere in the middle.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

you missed the point .

this place is about the HOUSTON ROCKETS, not one player.

and it's not like this one player is Hakeem Olajuwon or Michael Jordan or Lebron James

he's not the ring bearer, he's not even the hobbit.

10. dchoye

dchoye Member

I'm a Lin fan but not a LOF
    LOF are true fanatics of Lin who can see him do no wrong

LOFers , do you remember how annoying the MOFs were during Linsanity when Melo played awful?
    LOFers are acting the same way

11. SK34

SK34 Member

I'm not even a LOH.. so why do you consider me a LOH? Is it cause I try to bring them (LOFS) down to earth? When have i ever said racist stuff about Jeremy Lin? Why would I, He gives people like me hope for making it to the NBA. His story is amazing.

All I'm say every time is that his play is not what they consider his play to be. He has good games and many other players have had good games that are bench players and etc..
    He has had more bad games then good. Am I wrong? No.
    How can one player not be successful due to the coach? Its not only on the coach, Lin should be accountable for what he does. He is a NBA player who is getting paid 25 mil for 3 years.
    Also I'm looking at the Rockets previous PGs (Lowry, Dragic, Brooks) and what they had done.
    I became a big rockets fan during 07 when "REDNATION" showed me about the Rockets and NBA. Is it wrong for me to criticize the play of a player when he is playing poor. I give props when its due and when he plays well then thats that. He has to be consistent. One good game doesn't mean LINSANITY is back.

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Hey it is not Lin's fault that McHale doesn't want his shots to go into the basket!

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lin only fans are annoying. Lin only fans haters are also annoying.

If you don't like some posts, report it to Clutch and he'll take care of it. b****ing it is not going to make them go away. It only makes the board more cluttered with negativity.

1 person likes this.
  14. Mr. Space City

LOL....

15. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

LOFs vs LOFHs...

So many drama queens and hypersensitive girls on both sides. It's always entertaining to watch the skirmish between these fools. ROFL.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I personally think Lin fans find solace that when Lin misses a 3 pointer or drives aimlessly in the paint, they see themselves in Lin and that they believe they deserve the same things as him. they believe if they have some success in a short period of time they should be universally loved and deemed successful.

because Lin went to harvard and they believe they could do it too.

they believe that now it's cool to listen to Michael W Smith and that they could do it too and feel like a superstar.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

There may be one or two Legit LOH but the term is just made up to call anyone not supporting Lin. I've been labeled a LOH over something extremely stupid. Even though there may actually be a couple LOH, overall it is a term made up by LOF.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

LOH is a term created by LOFs as an excuse to trash up the place.

There are more people participating in things they care about than people spending their time pissing on things other people care about.

For example, there are more Rocket fans on Clutchfans than there are Rocket haters. Yes, there are trolls who exist whose sole purpose is to piss everyone off, but these people are far and few because only the dedicated people would actually spend so much time trying to rile people up.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

100% correct.

20. split41

split41 Member

I think the thing to do is what Jocar suggested, just create a list of people you deem LOFers with a quote so people can add them to their ignore list at their own discretion. I'm a newb here also, so the board, as it is now, is all I know.