1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the logic behind LOF's?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. nickg

nickg Member

Superstars are also the focal points of their teams and the offense. I don't think Jeremy Lin is a superstar. Probably isn't good enough to be one. I do think he can put up dragic like numbers ( from last year ) if he was actually running a teams offense like dragic did ( and like he did last year ).

The reality is he would probably be a solid pg. He has to play pg though, not the Steve Blake version. He's terrible at that.

Both sides need to face reality (lof/loh) because both are coming off as extremely ignorant. Instead we get these one sided circle jerk threads.

2. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

herp derp jerp merp slerp perp

1 person likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What is the logic behind LOF's?

Nailed it. Repped.

4. nickg

nickg Member

He also needs to be more aggressive. That's on him, unless he's being told to play that way ( doubtful ).

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You can try to justify your stance as a LOF all you want...

But fans of the Rockets and fans of the NBA as a whole have very little respect, if any at all for dudes who don't care about anything except for 1 player.

There is no such thing as LOH's. Every Rockets fan is obviously a fan of Jeremy Lin, they are just not blinded by the mere fact that it is Jeremy Lin out there playing. They are critical of Lin when it is necessary to be critical of Lin.

However...having said that, there are MANY people who are LOFH's...Lin Only Fan Haters.

LOF's make these forums kind of a joke. The blind support of somebody who is clearly failing to do what's expected of him is simply laughable.

1 person likes this.
  6. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Jazz trading Jefferson or Millsap for a point guard.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

What's that?

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

LOFs logic? Let me try to summarize:

coaching stuff sucks
    no pnr for lin
    and when they do set picks, rox big men don't know how to do it properly
    harden is a ballhog
    coaching stuff sucks!
    we don't have a novak otherwise lins assists would go through the roof
    coaches are racist
    his knee still bothers him
    the new big screen in tc is too big and too bright it hurts his eyes
    why they always plays tony d?

oh, and don't you know? ROX COACHING STUFF SUCKS!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. archinkent

archinkent Member

I am not even a LOF, but it's pretty evident that Lin is not being used right by Mchale. How can you ask a player, whose strength is attacking the basket, to pass the ball off and just wait at the corner every possession?

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That's because your statement is not true.

11. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Reason Houston lost to Toronto

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOF's (Lin Only Fans) like to refer to anybody that criticizes Jeremy Lin for his play as "LOH's" (Lin Only Haters).

The logic in this is foolish. These people that criticize Jeremy Lin are not simply Jeremy Lin haters. They are Rockets fans who are disappointed with the subpar play of our starting point guard, especially after "Linsanity" and his big contract.

My point is simply that "Lin Only Fan's" logic is stupid. They think anybody who criticize Lin are instantly just haters of him.

In actuality, these "Lin Only Haters" are a voice of reason and can't stand the blind faith in Jeremy Lin that these "Lin Only Fans" do. These LOF's are not fans of the team, and they're not fans of the NBA. They are fans of Jeremy Lin, and they look ridiculous much more often than not.

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

And which part is not true? Maybe I exaggerated with the 'every possession' part, but my comment still stands.

14. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lin Only Haters are not a voice of reason. They may not be "Lin only" haters, but they are haters. There are constructive criticism by Rockets fans, and then there are hateful name callings, racist remarks, unfounded bashing, provocation, and $hit-disturbing.

As I said before, LoHs are much worse than LoFs. LoHs act out of hate and intent to disturb the peace. LoFs act out of love for a certain player and lack of knowledge. LoFs will learn with time, LoHs will never improve.

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Lin is passive and hesitant out there. He has the opportunities but he chooses to pass. He passed up open looks a few times last game. Add that to the fact that defenders can guard him like Rondo, it makes it difficult for him to drive. Bottom line is, if you put any good pg into this system, they will still be good. Why does Lin need such specific conditions to succeed?

16. Mr. Space City

the term LOH makes no since.

nobody joined clutchfans JUST to hate on lin but A LOT of lin fans only came here to just support lin.

2 people like this.
  17. Mr. Space City

sense*

1 person likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) You basically just acknowledged that LOF's don't truly know the game of basketball. I'd definitely agree with this...LOF's go off pure emotion and no true intellect, and make simply stupid, ignorant claims that cause many threads to become somewhat of a joke. That's the first problem...

2) Once again...you are wrong about "LOH's" truly being "haters". While, yes, there are some who are overly rude, irrational, and harsh, that is definitely not the majority of them. The majority is simply tired and annoyed of the, as you said, LOF's lack of basketball knowledge that leads to unreasonable and irrational claims.

3) "LOH's" do not "act out of hate and intent to disturb the peace". Like....what? Are you saying that the true fans of the Rockets, who care about the whole team and the actual game of basketball rather than 1 player simply go out of their way to upset people and randomly "hate" on people for no reason? That's just flat out wrong. Once again...I will give you that there are A FEW here and there who do this, but it does not represent the VAST majority of the rest of the "LOH's" (I don't know why I'm still using this phrase. It's just not true). A vast majority of these people just don't want to hear dumb, pointless, and ignorant comments about 1 player, especially when these people have no interest in the actual team itself.

Now....do ALL LOF's do this? No. SOME of them have a decent understanding of the game, acknowledge Lin's faults, and while Lin might be their favorite player, they still have a grasp on the rest of the Rockets team and generally care whether they succeed or not.

But overall....LOF's make this board simply irrational at times. Plain and simple.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Get off the Rockets forum and go start a Lin fans forum. Thanks.

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

I don't think it's fair to say that just because a pg needs a system to succeed, he is not a good pg. Look at Nash, he did not play well under Brown because the system just didn't suit him.

Lin needs to handle the ball to succeed, and that's unfortunate since it's the same for Harden. But it's Mchale's job to make them both succeed at the same time.