1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the logic behind LOF's?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. FearTheBeardJH

True. Does any other random player has an army of supporters that email the NBA every day claiming they made a mistake on Lins stat sheet and he had a few more assists or steals then they stated?

Rubio got a lot of fans, but that's because he is actually good and one of the most entertaining players in the league.

2. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You LOH need to get something straight.

Lin has a legions fans that were captivated by his play in NY, hated the way things went down with the knicks this summer, and weren't knick fans or no longer were Knicks fans.... We were perfectly happy to start a new allegiance with the rockets for the long term. These "LOF" want him to succeed with the brand of basketball he plays AND for the Rox to win, to make the playoffs. Lin fans weren't satisfied with how the Spurs game ended. We were very disappointed with that last possession and losing in OT. Likewise we were thrilled with the first two games of the season when clearly Harden was playing out of this world, while Lin played a "robin to batman" complementary role. WE WERE THRILLED with those first two games and HOW the team won those games. We want the Rox to win... But when the Rox win with Lin playing subpar (because he really doesn't have the skillset necessary vs. has the skillset but isn't being utilized properly), we feel unsatisfied... That is the only difference between Rox fans for 25 years and those for 2.5 months. Of course when the Rox lose and Lin played badly, everyone is upset. I for one have called him out on his timidity and passiveness. I have seriously questioned in my own mind whether he is starting PG material, whether he was just a product of the MDA system.

3. split41

split41 Member

Lol, I was about to say the same thing.

It was cool he was a number #1 draft pick, but the dude, as an athlete celebrity, is a blip on our radar. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of aussies didn't even know who he is.

4. Lostie

Lostie Member

And that's the problem, we're not running an uptempo PnR offence here and I doubt McHale nor the Rockets organization is ready to shift into one.

5. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

What's the logic behind any sports fans?

Why makes a non-LOF better than a LOF?

If the creator of clutchfans did not mandate a loyalty test before one joins, who are you to appoint yourself as the evaluator of fandom? :rolleyes:

Better yet, if you can't stand the influx of LOFs, you always have the choice of not reading them.

6. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Justin Bieber has a lot fans and he sucks at singing.

You don't have to like Lin but you also don't need to get all bent out of shape because he is popular.

7. nickg

nickg Member

Have a feeling that goes both ways. Regardless all LOF/LOHs are idiots. Both are blatantly obvious and oblivious to their stupidity.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Simple...there is no real logic behind any fan...whether of Lin's or Rockets'. For all those haters that keep saying he can't play the game....check yourself as the dude is a starting point guard in the NBA. A lot of Lin's supporters are just not too crazy about some of the coaches decisions.

9. dmoneybangbang

You don't support Rockets' players for better or worse?

10. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I'm a Lin fan, but I won't call myself a Lin only fan. You can't enjoy basketball, which is a team sports, if you root for only one player.

To understand Lin fans you need to understand Lin.

Lin was an underdog that was undrafted, rejected, overlooked, dismissed, waived, undervalued... He's a self-made NBA player, through hard work, patience and perseverance. He fought through a lot of things to get to where he is now.

When Lin finally established himself as a legit NBA player, he faced even more attacks from people like Stephen A. Smith. Due to Lin's nature, he never talked back. If he did maybe his fans would not feel the need to fight so hard for him.

Lin's fans love Lin mostly for his story, his personality, humility, the way he plays (unselfish, team-first, always praise his teammates, etc. etc.), and other non-basketball skills related qualities. Plus it's not like the kid can't play basketball. He's just not a superstar as yet. Lin's fans have seen what the kid is capable of doing and have no reason to believe he can't do it if all stars align properly.

Some Lin fans are overprotective and jump to his defense often too quickly. I guess it's a way to show support and also they're afraid that if more people believe in the criticisms, especially the unfounded criticisms and bashing, Lin will be driven out of the NBA again. Some of Lin's fans do not have a good understanding of the game, but given time and when they feel comfortable that Lin is not dropping off the face of the earth for at least three years they will become more objective. Most of them are just a kindhearted bunch who appreciate Lin's quality. Some went a little extreme, but it's the Internet. I truly believe that the LoHs started it all :p

There are some quality Lin fans on this board who are very knowledgeable and reasonable. Lin fans can learn from them and join them.

1 person likes this.
  11. VanityHalfBlack

I like peanut butter.

1 person likes this.
  12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I thought Bieber suck at singing too because he's so young, has a a pretty face and is so popular among young girls. Then I listened to his song and found out that the kid can actually sing. I felt bad about having been biased against him and might have said a bad thing or two about the kid :p

Maybe that's why a lot of people think Lin can't play. They are biased against Lin they way I was biased against Bieber. Thanks DreamWeaver for bringing this up. I never thought of it this way.

Totally agree about your second paragraph.

13. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

OMG, POF. :eek:

I think peanut butter is overrated and those who are in love with peanut butter must be dumb. Both peanuts and butter are better than peanut butter. :p

14. SK34

SK34 Member

They want the D

15. Lostie

Lostie Member

Man, peanut butter is soooo overrated. Without jam dishing it out day after day PB is NOTHING. Trade PB for Nutella!

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I think i was getting more at the whole, *insert x race* *insert player of x race* Bogut is largely anonomous actually. Just acknowledged as being one of our richest athletes lol. Yes irrational fans can be very frustrating, but it goes both ways, i saw a poster say that if Lins minimum stats should be similar to what turned out to be nashs MVP year numbers. People just need to ease up on the bashing and Kidd 2.0 projections, hes started less than chandler parsons, and the situation in NY was the perfect storm. We gotta let him ride it out

17. SK34

SK34 Member

Jk...

But I wouldn't care about the LOFs if they faced reality... A superstar is consistent and can score no matter what.. IE Kyrie Irving (Jaw broken, Index finger? - still consistent) If he is what they make him, then he should play like that. Just cause a player has great showing from time to time doesn't mean that he should be the "#1 option" or should handle the ball or all that stuff for him.

I can assure you that when Derrick Rose comes back, he will still drop 20 ppgs with 7 to 8 assists.

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

19. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

The Rockets are selling Lin out so we can be an iso team. I hate iso teams. That is all.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Your theory and logic is sound. However, Irving is running the show for his team. As for Lin, we only have a small sample with the Knicks and that one San Antonio game with the Rockets. Those games does dictate that when he's the main focal point of the team it does lead to success or at least gave solid stats.