1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the logic behind LOF's?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

I don't want to name the ones that I think are over-sensitive. Just to give you a hint, a couple of them have posted in this thread.

Who are the fake fans troll? rocket4ever has pointed out two of these idiots earlier in this thread:

And there is another idiot who has tried to humiliate Clutch in another thread. It is a game thread if I remember correctly. That idiot is another obvious troll. If you have followed the discussion, it is obvious that he tried to pick on Clutch and make up something from thin air in order to damage Clutch's reputation. He came over here with an agenda and the agenda is obviously not just to pop up Jeremy Lin. You can easily sense someone is a troll if he has tried too hard to be outrageous.

2. Dei

Dei Member

How are these guys trolls? You're saying they're not LOFs? And how have people been oversensitive to these guys' posts?

3. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Are you asking me to quote every one of the replies for you? Who do you think you are? Why don't you go to read the threads yourself? I have just read some posts of tor.rock. This guy has been throwing out bs left and right. You are just feeding the troll by arguing with him. Just turn your sensitivity meter down to ignore the troll. The more you feed him, the more eager he is to keep coming back to blit?

4. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

...coming back to bait you.

5. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

How are these guys not trolls. Are you saying Segmund is not a troll? Are you saying tor.rock is not a troll? Are you saying the one who tried to humiliate Clutch is not a troll? How do you define a troll? Why did the above people do not fit your definition of a troll?

6. Dei

Dei Member

Not everything - just samples.

How are you saying these guys are trolls? I think "trolls" just being thrown out as an umbrella word for everything disagreeable out there. There's an actual art of trolling. It's an actual distinct practice that different from fanboism or outright being an idiot. tor.rock just seems like a LOF, to me. And, again, you said people were upset at him? How so?

7. Dei

Dei Member

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/trolling

It's honestly very hard to say somebody's trolling. That's why I'm surprised you're throwing it left and right.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Holy crap, now I know you are a troll.

You made a generalized statement. Do you know what that means? That means you never once specified you meant "4 or 5" people.

You have been arguing that LOFs and those who are "hyper sensitive" are equally as bad. LOFs are not "4 or 5" people, so if you want to compare the two groups then those who are "hyper sensitive" must be a large group of people as well because that's the context and that's what generalized statements are.

Only afterwards did you specifically say "a few" and you also said by few you meant "4 or 5" people. Which I am now saying is a stupid point because comparing the actions of a large number of people to only "4 or 5" people is stupid.

Timeline.

1) You make generalized statement that LOFs and those who are hyper sensitive against them are equally as bad.
    2) I counter argue and make the analogy that if Raymond Felton fans joined a Lin fanboard just to praise Felton and criticize Lin, then you can't honestly say that the established members of that board are equally as bad.
    3) You suddenly diverted all your attention semantics and changed your point to mean "a few" or "4 or 5 people" when you referred to the "hyper sensitive" people.
    4) I'm saying that point is irrelevant because it doesn't change the fact that people are allowed to be annoyed with LOFs
    5) You still refuse to get back on topic and are now trying to argue that your generalized statements never specifically referred to a large number of people, therefore you are right.

9. Dei

Dei Member

I think LinHype is a troll too. Felt it from this post:

This is just wolf in sheep's clothing technique: Agrees with you to drop your guard then insults the other guys in your group without putting up an argument.

10. Dei

Dei Member

Also, the insult to the guys who were supposedly trolled was heavier than the bashing towards the trolls.

11. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Wow, so from now on everyone who wants to call someone else a troll has to read Dei's authoritarian source first in order to decide whether it is appropriated to call that name out. ROFL.

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Segmund has registered another screen name and posed as a Lin fan to say inflammatory craps in order to make Lin fans look bad. He is a troll.

Tor.rock has been throwing out off-topic nonsense in order to provoke response. He is a troll.

The one who picked on Clutch made up lies in order to hurt Clutch's reputation. He did not come to this site for basketball reason. He is a troll.

Now you explain why each of them is not a troll. I will be waiting eagerly. Don't run away.

12. Dei

Dei Member

Authoritarian? How bout you check out the credentials of my site. Know Your Meme is one of the premier references for information about internet memes. That you don't know about it shows your ignorance. And you're calling my reference out when you're citing wikipedia?

I haven't reviewed his posts but sounds to me he has an agenda. Trolls do it just to make people angry.

I looked at the post with his quotes a while back and it sounds like he's just an obsessed fan.

Again, point the post you're referring to but it just sounds like a smear campaign. It's not trolling. Smear campaigns have existed forever and we don't call smear campaigners trolls. The new meaning of the word troll is, well, new.

[​IMG]

You've got no idea what you're talking about. You're just asking for a whoop-ass.

13. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Pretending to be a certain player's fan and talking nonsense to make a group of people look bad is a troll. You can keep trying to spin the truth but you are not smart enough to deny the fact.

Keep making inflammatory posts to provoke response is a troll. You can keep trying to spin the truth but you are not smart enough to deny the fact.

Pulling BS out of thin air in order to make the admin and the founder of a website look bad and also trying to damage his reputation along the way is a troll. You can keep trying to spin the truth but you are not smart enough to deny the fact.

You've got no idea what you're talking about. You're just asking for a whoop-ass. In order to get this advice through your thick skull, you should look in the mirror and recite this to yourself at least 10 times a day.

14. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

What? Looks like you have lost your mind and have no idea what you are talking about.

First of all, who has said all the LOFs are sensitive? If there is anyone who is dumb enough to say everyone of the LOFs are sensitive, it is you. There are hundreds or thousands of Lin fans who have not said anything out of line or have not even made a single post in this forum. How would I know whether they are sensitive or not? When I referred to the sensitive LOFs, anyone in his right state of mind would know I am talking about the ones who keep making pro-Lin posts and keep arguing in favor of Lin in the forum. So how many of such fanatic Lin fans have you seen? 10? 20? 50? Let's say there are 30 of them. Are you saying that you cannot compare a group of 4 to 5 people to a group of 30 people because 30 is so large a number that makes the comparison not meaningful? What? LOL. Do you even know what you are talking about? Do you call it "flamingdts r****ded Statistical Model"? Think before you post.

Actually, I know what you are trying to do. You are still upset about having been a liar. So you are trying very hard to make the point that I have not explained clear enough in my first posts that the sensitive Rockets fans that I referred to are only the few persons who kept being baited by the trolls. Therefore, you were misled and thought I was referring to all the Rockets fans (who would be so dumb to make an interpretation like that anyway?). And therefore, you did not intend to lie. I know what is between your ears.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

what is going on here

16. TheresTheDagger

Getcha popcorn ready!

17. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

We have someone who is arguing that a troll is not a troll.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I stopped right there.

Point out to me where I said "all LOFs are sensitive". I don't even know how you got that idea from.

It is clear you have some serious reading comprehension problems. You are a waste of time.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You guys hijacked this.

Some of us were trying to understand the "Logic of LOF" like a college class.

[​IMG]

20. Dei

Dei Member

No. I'm trying to show you're not using the term properly. It's like you just heard of the word but the only thing you understand about it is that it's "bad" and now you're using it as an umbrella term for everything you don't like to hear.

This is trolling:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/trolling

Now, you just said:

You just gave two new definitions for trolling; particularly, that they have agendas. Trolling doesn't have any agenda outside of pissing people off.

This is actually sounds like a troll but is this for tor.rocks, http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7584560&postcount=163?

Outright insults are the lowest level of trolling, foremost, but it might actually be his opinion. Again, it's honestly hard to say whether or not somebody's a troll because you don't really know what they're thinking. You have to point out something in their posts that tells that their intent is to piss people off, purely. I've been to 4chan. The trolls there are several orders of magnitude sneakier. They just piss people off - but that's their only intent - to piss people off.

On the other hand, this:

is an absolute fit for:

You've admitted to being a LOF before. It just seems to me like you're trying to wash LOFs' hands clean by reappropriating fault to "trolls" and I've seen other LOFs call people critical to Lin trolls. That's just not right. Mind you, this also happens in the Hangout which is understandable since trolling emerged from the recesses of internet culture and Clutchfans, as far as I'm concerned is a relatively populated by relatively average joes (or people who don't really speak English outside of this website) but at least look up the definition of the word before you go around using it like an ignorant jack-ass.

[​IMG]