1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what is the highest pick we could get for jalen in this draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheBeastSystem, May 15, 2024.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jalen has improved in a lot of areas other than shooting. His shooting still comes and goes but his defense and playmaking has improved a lot these 3 yrs. If he was still a trash player you think Ime would give him 30 mins a game?

I believe everybody agrees Ime is a very good coach who knows what he is doing so if he keeps playing Green 30 mins a game including starting him every game Jalen must be doing something right.

majicdonjuan and Dobbizzle like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he wasn't garbage would he be getting benched in the 4th quarter over and over again all season?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jalen still averaged 31.7 mins and started all 82 games despite the 4th Q benching. The same guy who benches JG will start him the next game.

Who knows more about basketball you or Ime? You think Ime would play garbage 31 mins a game? This whole Jalen trash narrative you have is getting old.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, just like always Jalen gets minutes and a role based on his draft position.... and the Rockets have 3 consecutive top 4 picks as a result....

You do realize he's literally one of the worst shooters in the league, right?

He's also one of the worst overall players from his own draft class.

At some point you'll have to stop the blind worship.

DaDakota likes this.
  5. Ratman

Ratman Member

And then in redraft articles 5 years from now he’d go 7

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  6. Ratman

Ratman Member

Yes.

Shark44 likes this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No he didn't, your pre-thought of narratives are just false. What REALLY happened is teams started doubling Jalen at half court, he willingly passed out of double teams and guys didn't hit. The fact teams even did this to stop Jalen proves my point

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So he passed out and THEN WHAT?

Did he back cut his defenders? Did he give and go? What?

What makes anyone think the guy is a high BBall IQ player, he isn't......he is a great athlete that plays basketball but whose fundamentals are still lacking going into his 5th year as a pro.

DD

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My guy, lying won't change history. After his 8 game hot streak, he finished the final 9 games shooting 27% from 3 scoring 16 points per game with a 49% TS%

He was dogshit before the streak, he was dogshit after the streak, that's why he was bottom 10 in the league in FG%, bottom 15 in the league in 3 point%, and bottom 20 in TS%

Stop the lies, stop the excuses.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Yes. There are multiple examples of Green cutting right after passing off from a hard double.

You should watch games. It'll keep you busy while you much down those double quarter pounders.

Mathloom and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Lies lies lies yeah, they gonna get ya.

One day, your casual self will be cheering for Jalen on another team...and good riddance.

Jalen is a BUST as a number 2 pick, he isn't a winner, has a soft as charmin attitude....and will be gone soon......but don't worry his 9 baby mommas will all be paid for the 10 years he is in the league.

Go Rox.

DD

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

On these 3 factors Jalen would be top of ANY draft not just this one. Yet, we’ve seen many star guards come from late lottery and down, who would score worse on these factors - SGA, Halli, Maxey, Spyda, Booker, etc… The difference is that those are competitive ballers, while Jalen is a weirdo ballerina.

So what it comes down is not whether we can get a pick that is gonna yield us more agility per pound than Jalen, because we can’t. The question is, can we get a pick that’s gonna get us the next SGA or Halliburton. And that’s not an easy question.

DaDakota likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

So you think you know more than Ime? Cut the crap. Ime has forgotten more about bball than you will ever know.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would trade him for no. 2 straight up. Would consider trading him for no. 5 or 6.

Rationale is that I think we would be better off giving his minutes to Sheppard and Cam, as they are both more efficient scorers. And it would free up a ton of money on top of that.

But I would also be ok with just drafting Sheppard, doing no trades, and seeing where this season takes us.

Bobbythegreat and DaDakota like this.
  16. Chayvan

Chayvan Member

Jalen would go #1 in this draft if the rest of the world didn't know he is not getting any better. I would trade him for #5 any second.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The past 2 drafts mostly had a big guy as Number 1......I do not see that changing.....

I would not even watch Green if he wasn't on the Rockets, that is how not interested I am.....

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Technically you are correct. It’s just that your argument, at least in the beginning, was just a disingenuous way to win a debate. You hadn’t made that argument about Amen, Jabari, or any of the other core player.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Appreciate the kudos....but we weren't talking about them......

And I would trade Jalen for a number 1 pick - in the future, he is a drag on this team there are better players that need those minutes, and his cavalier attitude about non-basketball stuff will continue to drag him down.

He needs to go......asap.

DD

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Funny how that was never said or even hinted at... and yet somehow that's what you got from what I said anyway.

I would suggest working on your reading comprehension skills if you wish to engage in text based communication.

I said Jalen has never had to earn his role or minutes, that from day one they've just been given to him based on his draft position alone.

DaDakota likes this.