1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Is The Endgame???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 11, 2022.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. that's just bad posting on your part then.

You just decided to talk about something all day long that you don't think is likely. Yet, you post about playoffs being very realistic and agreeing that the rockets will be a playoff team in 2 years. Yeah makes a ton of sense there

Cf's where someone says "very realistic" but it isn't associated with likely. you hate to see it

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

POTY....Post of the Year for me, well done.

xaos likes this.
  3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

No it's not. My initial post was responding to it being delusion. I said it's not delusional and it's a realistic but unlikely. And then I continued to argue for it being a realistic possibility even if it was unlikely. You just aren't reading properly.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

its terrible posting actually. don't call something very realistic and then try to backtrack and say it doesn't mean likely. that makes absolutely 0 sense.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Damn, that's actually pretty surprising. I now have more hope

joshuaao, xaos and gmoney411 like this.
  6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It makes perfect sense. There are lots of very realistic things that can happen to you in life that are also unlikely to happen. It's a very realistic possibility that any given person will get cancer. But mathematically it's unlikely.

#186 gmoney411, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

tbh this is one of the dumbest things i've seen on cf's

so when Cade is being regarded as very realistically the #1 pick, it also means it's unlikely per you

[​IMG]

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm sure it is based on the way you've been twisting my words to prove to yourself that you are right. Just admit that you are wrong about how hard it is to make the playoffs in a league where a majority of teams do.

It was supposed to say mathematically "but it's unlikely" at the end.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's nothing to admit here for me. Your posts today have just been all over the place and outright bad. trying to play both sides of the fence and being delusional is classic cf's. you just got caught

If I'm apparently wrong, you would easily agree to a tipjar bet because I clearly see the rockets aren't making the playoffs in 2 years. that's all that matters. I know I'll be on the right end of that

10. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You are wrong about delusion. If Vegas put out betting odds for who would make the 23-24 NBA playoffs the Rockets wouldn't have some ridiculously low odds competitively. Making the playoffs in the NBA isn't hard to do. Most teams do it. Two years out the Rockets can definitely be a playoff team. To say that's it's delusional to think they can be is ridiculous. I'd bet a lot of money Stone is probably building towards that goal based on our pick obligations.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

what in the world are you talking about now. rockets would be at the bottom of odds easily. making the playoffs in the NBA isn't hard. LOL. Is that the same logic that says players go through years and years without making the playoffs. Cause in reality this is absolutely true

Huh. You'd bet alot of money? So tipjar bet then. you're obviously talking quit a bit about this delusional playoff team. It can be the smallest of the amounts that fits you

#191 YOLO, Jan 12, 2022
  12. xaos

xaos Member

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Yes they would be at the bottom but their odds wouldn't be much lower comparatively. It's too speculative of a bet to think 8 teams have much better odds than the Rockets 2 years from now.

I'll make a bet with 7/2 odds in my favor. That's the Nets odds of winning the title as the current favorites. Unless of course you think the Rockets have a better shot at making the playoffs than the Nets winning the title this year and don't want to take those odds.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

it isn't speculative, it's common sense.

So you want to bet 2 dollars that the rockets make the playoffs in 2 years to my $7? Done. that's nothing

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

How doesn't it? The Rockets making the playoffs is delusional right? Is the Nets winning the title delusional? Because those are the current betting odds for a non delusional Nets title. You are getting fantastic odds by taking this bet.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’m getting fantastic odds? Clutch is getting $2 from that bet when I win. Lol.

You have it backwards. It's fantastic odds for you because all you risk is $2

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Let's bet $100. 7/2 odds in my favor.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I have no problem with $100 unit. Lets see if you understand how odds work cause most don’t. And you went from the odds being in my favor which it isn’t. To now after me telling you, it’s obviously in your favor because you risk less than half

What does 7/2 odds for a $100 unit translate to. I have a feeling you think you’re only risking $100

#198 YOLO, Jan 12, 2022
  19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm saying I'm betting $100. If I lose I pay $100. If you lose you pay $350.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Incorrect. That isn’t 7/2 odds which you posted

7/2 odds means you would be betting $50 to my $350

now for $100 unit like you said. You would be betting $200 which I know you didn’t understand to my $700

so which is it