1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the biggest recent fail by the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Feb 10, 2016.

?

What is the Rocket's Biggest Recent Failure?

1. The Failed Lawson Experiment

12.2%
  2. Not Finding Suitable Backups for Harden/Ariza

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not Finding Good PF Play

6.8%
  4. Not Incorporating Howard Well Enough

2.7%
  5. Not Prioritizing Coaching

63.5%
  6. Too Reliant on 3s, but No Shooters

14.9%
  1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You out your fuccin mind. He's on a bigger deal than Curry. **** was a flop

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

curry sucks

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Morey had not drafted well. It's s myth that he is a good talent evaluator.

Hes traded away good role players in Morris Lin and a few others, let other walk in parsons

He's been bad in the draft department we have no young talent tagt were grooming.

All In all our team is screwed going forward it's going to be really hard to aquire talent to put around harden.

Bev is cheap and a okay backup pg. Dom if we can resign him for 8m a yr I would keep, Harrell looks like a keeper but everyone else needs to go.

It might be a blessing that deker hasn't played yet maybe he has some sort of trade value.

I guess with Howard lawson jones Thornton and dmo coming off the books we will have a lot of cap room but who do we sign.

I would go after horford and Kd as a package and if you can't get either just grab high iq players to surround harden.

Money should trade for Ryan Anderson right now he's a free agent so even if you give up assets you can shed salary if you don't want to keep him after this year.

Brewer/jones/ for Anderson? I think they might bite Throw in deker if you have too I think we can do it seeing as we're over the cap.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not to be so simplistic and not to absolve the players because well, a lot of it is on them.

But it all points back to the GM.

Failed Lawson experiment? Coaching/Players Give Daryl/FO credit here, they didn't want Lawson or think he was a good fit.
    Not finding suitable backups? GM
    Cluster**** at PF? GM You got Smith back even though he's not a long term solution but you told him you had no role for him (so he left) and you went into the season with a guy coming off back surgery, Terrence Jones & a rookie in Montrezl Harrell? Seriously?!
    Not incorporating Howard? Coaching/Players
    Not prioritizing coaching? GM
    Too reliant on threes but no shooters? GM

Now who decided they wanted a puppet head coach? GM

1 person likes this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Indeed!! Also, with regards to incorporating Howard, how about Howard refusing to run the pick-and-roll? This is more on Dwight than anybody else. He constantly whines, pushes guys in the back, complaints to referees and gets himself out of the game more often than not. We have Harden who is also not a strong person mentally so it's time to move on from thinking these 2 can get it done.

I would add a point: not valuing role players, but chasing that third star. This is the biggest failure by the GM. The biggest from the players and coaches is another point: not committing to defense.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

All of this equally.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

letting Harden break up with a Kardashian. This team is doomed, I say. DOOMED!!!!!!!

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You and me. We know. The Real curse starts when you break up with a Kardashian. They didn't believe me.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

'zactly.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hate when curses come with big butts, BIG ASS CURSE

12. malakas

malakas Member

OP repped for a good thread and post.

My choice is coaching. Defence goes back to coaching. Too reliant on 3s, not incorporating Dwight after so many years and the Lawson situation => all have a common factor = coaching.

And this is the Gm's fault.
    And also not holding Harden accountable ever since he got here, by demanding him to play defence and requiring him to also continue to play off the ball. The coaching issue is not just this year , it's just that this year it has showed it's ugly results.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We are wasting Dwight, a 3x Defensive Player Of The Year.

14. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

montrezl should be getting more minutes

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This is the only pathetic move Rockets organization did to save this season.

Lololololololol. I hate this organization.

16. RESINator

RESINator Member

Arrogance starting with the GM and ending at Harden

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hiring McHale to begin with and then not firing him after the Portland Series

Hiring ****ty puppet coaches who don't hold Harden accountable and letting him do whatever the F he wants

Forcing the team to play through a spreadsheet and GMing the coach

Drafting first round busts like WHite, Dekker, Mook over Kawhi

So basically, it all comes down to Morey at this point