1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the biggest question mark surrounding the Rocks right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NewYorker, Sep 21, 2007.

1. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

To say he can't rebound is obviously an exaggeration, but you have to admit that he struggles to pull in the really tough crunch-time boards. The end of game 7 is an example where my worst fears about him came true. When the opposition goes hard for the ball on every possession, like in the playoffs, that's where his deficiencies come out. He admitted after the loss that he really needs to improve.

And then there are the times where he'll just blow a seemingly easy rebound because of lack of energy or lazy technique, which happens about once per game. Usually just a failure to box out.

2. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Very fair. I only have problem with the can't rebound hyper bolt. You don't say that about a player who averaged 10 rebounds a season. It is as stupid as saying Tmac can't shoot because of his bad shot selection from time to time.

3. Rockets Dynasty

Just T-Mac and Yao staying healthy is the biggest question mark.

4. slmonky

slmonky Member

True, Yao's shoulder is an unstable bomb to the team....

5. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Scola is my biggest concern. I want to believe, but for some reason I don't.

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

I have the same feelin' and I'm unsure about Scola. I know he can handle the NBA but that's gonna be his 1st year...

7. redao

redao Member

my question mark is:

How good Scola will be under Adelman and his system?

ROY? Team's first option? final MVP?

8. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Who we are going to play in the Western Conf. Finals. :cool:

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Out of the blue for health problems, I agree. You have to question them though when your players have histories of nagging health problems.

10. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

Biggest question?----What will the Rocket's 2007-2008 championship ring look like :D :D :D

11. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

the biggest question I have going into this season is...

WHO IS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM?

If you tell me T-Mac I will have to disagree. In the fourth quarter of game seven against the Utal Jazz T-Mac didn't show me any leadership. A leader would not have let the lead slip away after we had worked so hard to gain it.

If you tell me Yao I am open to your reasoning. He is undoubtedly the hardest working guy on the team but does he have the demeanor to be the leader in critical situations? Time will tell I guess...

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

My questions ryt now are why are we still holding to those PG's Lucas, Alston, Sura..which seems to me are tradeable even in exchange for a same bigger contract but who can contribute? Are we satisfied with our frontcourt depth? Though I believe that we are waiting for the right deal to come...Hope we can deal them before training camp starts in just a few days..

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Injuries and chemistry. This team is still a work in progress. Sure, the pieces to be successful are there but we have plenty of ego's on this team and likely not enough minutes to satisfy them all. Developing an efficient rotation that everybody is happy with is not an easy thing.

Furthermore, do we even have a clear idea of who is even starting at PG or PF? What kind of lineups RA plans to use (T-Mac/Yao, Yao/No T-Mac, T-Mac/No Yao)? Or hell, what moves lay ahead to even trim the roster down to 15 in the first place?

As for injuries, you have to worry. Last season was probably the worst season for injuries i've ever seen as a whole. Let's just hope that we can keep our injuries to a minimum.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Who will be the NBA Finals MVP: Yao or Tmac?

15. Barkley

Barkley Member

Luis Scola :D

16. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Fouls. Yao, Chuck and Luis' foul trouble is a big concern for me. Yao has learned to get a little better about it, but it looks like Luis has a propensity to foul a lot, unnecessarily. He'll learn to get better about it, or sit on the bench. Chuck is just a foul machine.

17. HipHopSince1981

good point..

1. Health

2. How well Francis, James, and Scola will mesh with Tracy and Yao

3. Playing time distribution

4. If Bonzi is back and ready to contribute

5. What will happen to Rafer?