1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t know why people think his extension was a bad decision. Money wise, 18m seems VERY reasonable for a guy who can get you 25 any given night and plays GOOD defense.

John Wall talent wise is also a positive for this team — just not at his salary. However, If you plant to use this year to develop, you don’t need that cap space. You’re going to pay 90% of cap anyways. I’m sure ownerships would always welcome a reprieve, particularly when not contending but it’s not a huge difference relative to total net worth.

BallaDoc, clos4life, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  2. NewAge

NewAge Member

100%

clos4life and 18pbr like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If you had Anthony Davis would you trade him ?

Wood put up better numbers than AD last year with Wall freezing him out while AD had Lebron's gravity making the game easy for him.
    Wood is the big man that can shoot that this forum has been crying for since Adleman was the coach & you got Bad Miller. .... and now you guys want to trade him for peanuts ?

Quick name another center that shoots .377 from 3.

FFS.

Oh he's injury prone - No , he got hurt Once and could have come back and played had the team not been holding him out to support the tank.

Oh , he wants the max .... Well if he's putting up 25/10 and shooting 37% from three I'd say he's earned it.

His max isn't "The Max" - its about 37m. Hardly a franchise killing figure for a quality big man & his max would start after Wall & EG's contracts come off the books & while the current crop of rookies are on their rookie deals & they only have $37,099,965 in total salary committed with a salary cap of $121,575,000 of which they MUST SPEND $109,417,500 ..... and $110,639,035 away from the luxury tax line of $147,739,000.
    They can give him & Porter their max figures and still have a max slot to offer a free agent ....

Oh he doesn't fit the timeline ..... **** he's only 25 & should be playing his best ball in the next 5 years & the team timeline to compete looks to start in the same year he would get that contract.

Oh he's bad defensively ..... well , you got me. He's not a great defender .... that's why you drafted Garuba & signed Theis.

The idea of trading Wood shouldn't be out of the question .... but trading him for that kinda poo platter sets the franchise back years..

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

All of this.

I dont get people actively looking to trade Wood. If this team is looking to compete in 3-4 years Wood would only be 29.

If a great deal comes along then you explore it but just trading him to trade him doesn't make any sense. Dude probably can get to another level as a player also.

Dobbizzle, jch1911 and Fulgore like this.
  5. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Wood is good but he is no AD. AD is an elite defender and Wood hasnt shown that he can stop anyone. I am fine with Wood on his current contract but wouldnt rule out trading him in the right deal. A deal getting Wiggins back isnt the right deal

joshuaao, clos4life, Milos and 2 others like this.
  6. MultipleSauces

Eric Gordon
    Christian wood

for ben Simmons

fattz likes this.
  7. VoR

VoR Member

Mavericks. I'd be happy with the OKC 2026 2nd rnd pick or the protected Knicks 2023 pick.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

New Orleans falls in a faint

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

@mods ban

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just hire him as an assistant already just like coach Wall

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Gordon finally building up some value here..

Do we take picks?

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Gordon, House, Garuba? and 2 first round picks for Simmons and filler.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey doesn’t want any of those bums

coachbadlee likes this.
  14. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Who ever we trade him for it needs to be for a guard or at least another big that isn’t undersized

15. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Eric Gordon, Theis, 2 second round picks for Myles Turner…..

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

No thanks. Him & his mental health issues can stay in Philly

s3ts likes this.
  17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I wish... probably have to make one of those 2nds into a 1st... and find more filler from IND in terms of contract $$$

18. vick

vick Member

Sad to say, but it looks like the Tank is being built
    Right now it looks like a 1950 VW. With someone from the Texans coaching them it will soon look like my 1998 Mustang.

19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

HOU - SAS - SAC
    SAS: EGo (HOU)
    SAC: T. Young (SAS)
    HOU: Bagley III (SAC)

TradeNBA says it works

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

I like this trade. Consolidating bad contracts when we continue to have some cap space isn't a terrible thing.

I was thinking about RoCo since POR looks like they're screwed, but not sure how much they want to trade away more talent. If PHI and POR need a third trading partner we should fit in there to see if we can optimize the cap and get younger. We'd be on the losing end but we knew we were going to suck for a while.