1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Jazz, maybe Ingles and their FRP for EG and a SRP. Ingles is old, productivity in the postseason was weak, and he cannot keep up defensively. We'll probably try to dump Ingles before the trade deadline but he's not really a fit here. The benefit for us would be the pick and getting rid of EG's salary for a player whose contract expires at the end of the season.

JayZ750 likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Originally was going to say Celtics. Tatum can handle the ball, but he's really a wing. Having another playmaker would help. Celtics so sour on Kemba, they rid of him for Horford. With Kemba gone, a Gordon deal is highly unlikely. Celtics still desperately need a playmaker though.

Fournier makes 17m, Gordon in the 18-20m range. Fournier a free agent though; not sure if he'll resign for similar money. The market is thin for EGO, in addition to his salary, his injury history makes other teams really hesitant.

Unpopular opinion, but how do folks feel about Eric Gordon retiring with the Rockets. Our young prospects are still a few years away from their extension, and we need someone to fill the minimum salary.

Note: Kemba/Fournier would have been terrible fit for the Rockets, just saying if we want Gordon to go somewhere for a playoff team.

#42 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

:rolleyes::D

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, no, no you said Porzongis. Porzingis wouldn't make any sense in this scenario.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

A lot of talk Justinian Jessup is a sure thing on joining the Warriors
    this off season @Clutch

Of course you can't believe everything you see on the internet

#45 ApacheWarrior, Jun 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Wall and Gordon are negative value deals. we'd have to attach assets to move them, and we're in asset collection mode, so I don't see a deal happening.

7. raining threes

I could go for this.

JayZ750 likes this.
  8. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I saw Eric Gordon last night at Sporting Club on Washington. He was sitting on a long table with some people but was sitting on one end of the table by himself just watching Nets/Bucks. I didnt linger long enough to tell who he was cheering for. Cool story bro I know

Deckard, Clutch, xaos and 4 others like this.
  9. futilman

futilman Member

Would get rid of 2 bad deals, while bringing back 1 very bad deal and 2 1sts

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Try and inch out any assets we can, even if we have to take a “bad” contract.

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Did he look in shape... as in not bloated?

12. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

FWIW, Woj made it seem like the Knicks were going to sign Eric Gordon prior to him signing with the Rockets. With the Knicks always mentioned to be looking for upgrades, they are a team to watch. If their big name pursuit goes nowhere, they can pivot to Eric Gordon or maybe even John Wall lol

heypartner likes this.
  13. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Would Houston consider packaging Gordon with Wood to Golden State if it meant some combination of the Minnesota pick/Wiseman/Wiggins?

14. H.D.

H.D. Member

Dear God Klansman, you are as ignorant about basketball as about genetics. Please tell me why GS does that deal?

15. HROZ

HROZ Member

Best trade atm is probably an expiring for Gordon

Or 2 not overtly awful contracts like 2 of any of Powell Kleber Richardson for Gordon & House

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

No

17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

always thought philly should have traded for him a season or two ago. would have been a good fit for them.

does charlotte need him? they are a couple vets away from being a Hawks type team. maybe the Kings can give us Hield...

18. raining threes

Reported

I wasn't replying to your racist azz.

19. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

He was hunched over because he was eating something (******) but I was standing behind him talking to my friend who pointed out it was his him, he just looks like hes a tank because his shoulders are so broad. I would say he looks kinda jacked not shredded but just built.

Deckard and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  20. sheb

sheb Member

Ben Simmons for E Gordon ?
    Force Simmons to shoot right handed and then trade him in a year or two. Stone loves to buy low… sounds ridiculous but could workout as we’re not going to be competing for a championship for a few years