1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What are your thoughts on Jalen Brunson?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dear Christ... F no...

I'd rather have Rick Brunson, or Doyle Brunson. Stay FAR AWAY.

D-rock likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

i admit i haven't watch him play, but reddit folks were kinda hype/praising him when an article of him demandin 4 years 20 mil was out.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

True but I like Simmons next to Wood. They fit perfectly together. Simmons brings the defense that Wood needs next to him. Plus more. He could go half and half with Porter at point.

D-rock likes this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Can’t see the Rockets getting Simmons for several reasons but I wouldn’t mind picking him up and surrounding him with 4 guys that can shoot from 3.

But I don’t think Simmons and Sengun would be the best pairing. I think with Simmons you need a center like Wood who really doesn’t want to post and hangs out around the perimeter and can shoot the three.

If they wanted to trade Sengun and try to keep Wood long term, if they got a top three pick any of those guys would fit in nicely.

Wood
    Jabari Smith
    KPJ
    Green
    Simmons

That’d be a tough lineup to guard for other teams. Wouldnt be able to really sag off either big.

Chet
    Wood
    KPJ
    Green
    Simmons

Would still be tough to guard with even more defense. Simmons on the perimeter and Chet inside would be probably make the rockets one of the best defensive teams.

Wood
    Banchero
    KPJ
    Green
    Simmons

Interior defense may be an issue but tons of playmaking.

#365 xtruroyaltyx, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    D-rock likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

Even when he was uninjured he wasn't good. Stop

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I love this approach we're taking with the Gordon trade if it works.

We want a first round pick.
    Okay, we'll take that deal says Toronto or some other mid tier team and we'll give you a 10-20th first round pick for him.
    Team actually in the hunt, we'll take him for a first.
    Yeah, but Toronto's pick is better than yours.
    Fine, we'll sweeten the pot.

I think starting from a baseline of a first round draft pick sets the beginning of negotiations, it doesn't mean that it couldn't lead to more. Of course if no one offers and the whole league is disinterested, we're up **** creek without a paddle.

Plowman likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

A low first (plus probably a trash contract or two) is peanuts to get a player who will nudge a contender that much closer to champion for 2 more years. I think it's more than fair.

Plowman and don grahamleone like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

New Years Resolution.

Less time on CF, more time on business and family.

xaos, lionaire and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Plenty of options if trading for Simmons.

coachbadlee and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Outstanding

Blessed be

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3087642/202...ohn-wall-eric-gordon-christian-wood-and-more/

• One name that has been generating a good deal of interest is shooting guard Eric Gordon. The 33-year old is enjoying a bit of a renaissance campaign, shooting a career-best 45.2 percent from 3-point range, and has brought some stability and much-needed professionalism to a young Houston team. The Rockets have received a number of offers for the veteran wing, sources tell The Athletic, but all have been turned down. Barring an offer that simply can’t be ignored, it’s becoming more likely that Gordon remains in Houston past the deadline. There is a good deal of internal admiration for how Gordon carries himself on and off the floor and the work ethic he shows on a daily basis, characteristics the staff is trying to impart on some of their younger players. They are in no rush to ship him away, a much different situation than the one involving Tucker last season.

13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think most of the article is the FO trying to shift the leverage. The public narrative on Wood and Gordon has been that the Rockets are desperate to move them, and my sense is they're getting lowballed. The FO wants to change that narrative, and these types of articles help do that.

Aruba77 likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If Stone keeps him he is failing.

DD

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/...russell-westbrook-rumors-frank-vogel-all-star

2. Eric Gordon Is the NBA Trade Deadline Name to Watch

Gordon is 33 years old and in the 14th season of his career, so he’s older and doesn’t have the same shine as others on the trade market. But being a known commodity with a history of postseason success is precisely why contenders should be all over him.

Users on the Fanspo Trade Machine have made Gordon the 18th-most-dealt player on the app, behind Goran Dragic and Dennis Schröder, which speaks to how much of an afterthought he is. The lack of hype is a bit puzzling considering the amount of playoff contenders—Lakers, Mavs, Wolves, Cavs, and others—that could use a bucket-getting guard who can drain 3s off the catch and play strong defense.

Despite the losing in Houston, Gordon has defended with playoff intensity, as if he’s showcasing his abilities for winning teams:

Gordon is a plus defender, especially at pressuring opposing ball handlers. At 6-foot-3, his length and strength gives him some versatility for a switching defense. This season, he’s matched up with larger players like Jimmy Butler, and in past postseasons he defended the likes of LeBron and Kawhi Leonard.

Teams know what they’ll get from Gordon on offense. Downhill drives, a dash of playmaking, and shooting. The same player we’ve seen contributing for years. This season Gordon is shooting a career-high 45.2 percent from 3, and even if that number regresses some, he’s still made 37.2 percent for his career. A playoff team or even a contender should give up a first-round pick for Gordon. It’s just a matter of who.

Deckard, TheRealist137 and Aruba77 like this.
  17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yea we need to trade him at deadline. His value wont get any higher. I think we get more than a first.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tucker got the Bucks a championship, E-Gordon can get you one too

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

4/20 or 4/80?

I like the guy. At the first price, f’shure. Notsomuch at the second.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Stone should trade Gordon for the best offer he gets. No sense IMO in holding onto him and going through the same scenario next year again.

fattz likes this.