1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best compact camera to buy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DUCK2324, Jun 6, 2007.

1. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

Well I went shopping today. No body carries the Canon 700 IS anymore. They only offer the 800 IS and no body has the 850 IS in stock yet. After doing lots of reviews on the Sony T100 it is one bad little mother. I am just afraid if I go ahead and get the sony T100 that the 850 IS will be a lot better. What is your guys opinion?
    Canon 800IS or Sony T100 and why.

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Dell still carries the SD700 and so does Amazon.

3. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I like the SD 700. The stability thingy is amazing for a camera that size. I took video clips skiing alongside my son this winter, and they came out clear with hardly any shake. Better then my old vid camera (which I no longer use).

Not to muddy the waters too much more, but there are a few cameras coming out with 8x to 12x optical zoom. Not as small as the cannon...but still pocket sized.

4. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

I know the Sony has 5x zoom. which is more that the canon but does that really make that big of a difference