1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Ricky Rubio's trade value to us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jul 26, 2016.

?

What would you be willing to trade for Rubio?

1. Trash (Brewer/KJ)

118 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. DMo(S&T) + 1 of Ariza/Bev

41 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. RUBIO SUX!! -Don't want, Make them give us 2 firsts for taking him

32 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. DMo(S&T) + 1 of Ariza/Bev + first

10 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Ariza and Bev + a first

10 vote(s)
    4.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Since he is a contributing member, he's well above the law around here.

Thought you knew.

And if you are not contributing, then you're wasting his time.

Holic stop it already, the Rockets are not interested in Rubio. Dude you are the only one that is interested and fascinated.

2. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

How about a (very) used DVD of the Kim k sex tape and a British coin?

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think Rubio could help this team beat the Warriors, the same way he helped Spain beat Croatia.

[Edited for terrible mistake.]

#143 napalm06, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rubio has not worked to improve anything in his game. He doesn't even look like he can fit on his own Spain team where hes played most of his life.

5. basketballholic

http://www.1500espn.com/wolves-2/2016/08/ricky-rubio-opens-up-about-the-death-of-his-mother/

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — There are few things in this world Ricky Rubio loves more than basketball, the electricity he feels when he’s on the fastbreak, teammates running with him and a no-look lob pass just begging to be thrown.

His mother, Tona, was certainly one of them.

The point guard spent all of last season with the Minnesota Timberwolves watching from afar as Tona’s body slowly succumbed to lung cancer, and there were times that he wondered if he should be playing at all.

“Sometimes at night during the season I was going through hell,” Rubio told The Associated Press as Spain prepared for a showdown with the United States in the Rio Olympics semifinals Friday. “Waking up in, who knows, Sacramento, in LA, in the middle of the night alone in a hotel and thinking, ‘Why am I here? Is it really worth it?'”

When Timberwolves president and coach Flip Saunders died suddenly from lymphoma in October, it rocked the organization and Rubio in particular. Watching Flip’s son Ryan, an assistant coach on the team, grieve put a permanent pit in Rubio’s stomach, giving him the sinking feeling that he was getting a glimpse into his own future.

Sometimes during video chats — Tona’s was the first voice Rubio wanted to hear after a win or a loss — she would have to step away while becoming ill. He scrambled back home after the season was over and spent about six weeks with her before she died on May 25 at the age of 56.

“Anyone can say he’s close to his mom,” said Lucas Charte, Rubio’s close friend and manager. “But when you see Tona and Ricky and how their relationship went, it was something else. There was a kind of connection between them. They were too similar. Ricky has a brother and a sister. Nobody’s parent will tell you they have a favorite. But you could tell Ricky was Tona’s favorite.”

Rubio has always looked forward to playing for the Spanish national team. He started practicing with them at 16 and sees his teammates as a surrogate family that helped raise him from a child prodigy into a trusted veteran.

But when Tona passed, Rubio thought long and hard about pulling out of Rio to be with his father and two siblings back in Spain.

“At one point when everything happened, you think what’s the best?” Rubio said. “Stay with your family? Stay back home? Or sacrifice one more time everything for one goal, which is the gold medal, and dedicate it to her.”

Rubio tore the ligaments in his left knee at the end of a promising rookie season in 2012, causing him to miss the London Games that summer. He watched his beloved teammates fall to the United States, 107-100, in the gold-medal game. On his first day of rehab, Rubio vowed to physical therapist Andre Deloya that he would bring him to Rio four years later. Deloya never mentioned the promise again, but when it came time, Rubio had the tickets ready for him and his wife.

One promise kept. One to go.

Spain started the tournament 0-2 and Rubio was not playing well. Tona was not there, and he could not get her absence out of his head.

“I had a lot going on in my mind. It started with doubts. I started wondering if all the sacrifice was worth it,” he said. “I put a lot of pressure on myself, like I’ve been doing my whole career. At one point I decided to forget about all the pressure and just play for fun and do my game and enjoy what I do.”

He has gradually settled in, and Spain is humming heading into the rematch with Rubio at the controls. In the first two games of the tournament, Spain was outscored by six points in the 28 minutes he was on the floor. In their last three victories, they have outscored their opponents by 67 points in Rubio’s 59 minutes.

The mighty Americans — winners of 50 straight games in international tournaments — have shown some rare vulnerability in this tournament, emboldening challengers like Spain and Australia.

“It would mean everything for us,” Rubio said of a win on Friday. “It would mean the world. I remember watching Argentina beat the U.S. in 2004 and I think maybe the same story that Argentina wrote with the ‘Gold Generation,’ we can write, too.”

Rubio wants to win for Spanish fans after falling short against the U.S. in the gold-medal games in Beijing and London. He wants to win for teammates Pau Gasol, Juan Carlos Navarro and Jose Calderon, who may not have another Olympic run in them.

Most of all, he wants to win for Tona.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Rubio should be given a break. His mother passed away right before the olympics after a long battle with lung cancer. He almost didn't play.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a053...rview-ricky-rubio-opens-about-loss-his-mother

Edit: well I guess we were on the same page bbhollic, haha

7. basketballholic

Rubio is a winner. He'd be great here in a run-and-gun offense next to Harden.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Except for today I guess.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What's his team's winning percentage in the NBA? Gotta be like 70% since he's a winner.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Hasnt won anything significant in his career

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

He's won the "Bballholic's Best Player Award" 2 years in a row.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this thread ...wtf? Note to Bballaholic: this is not a Timbervolves fan site.

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

3 points + 3 rebs + 4 assists and 3 field goal misses.

You count it as a failure, but he knocked Bogut out of the game early in second half with a foul out on a aggressive drive ended up with andone which was his only basket of the game.

After that while being up one Rubio made a huge deflection on defense with a second to go to secure his national team an Olympic bronze medal.

That's what being a winner is all about.

He's clearly not a guy you win because of, but he's definitely a guy you win with

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

patty mills was the best player on the court, rubio couldn't guard his shadow

16. dmoneybangbang

If everything worked perfectly, then yes. But I'd rather not gamble it unless for the right price.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sounds more like a Chuck Hayes than a $12m/season player.

For $12m, I want all that and then some.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Nah. Pau Gasol begs to differ after he finalises where he'll put his bronze medal.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Obsessive.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmaooooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.