1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is our Offense SUPPOSE to look like?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 6, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That four-guys-getting-a-touch-before-the-shot-goes-up that the 2nd squad was running is the answer to this thread.

bmelo likes this.
  2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

35 Assists with only 8 turnovers tonight.

42 defensive rebounds with 49 total.

55% FG percent and 47% 3pt, it's a shorthanded Orlando but it's been our best game on both ends by far.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess it was not that far off . .. at least for one game
    Most definitely gotta keep the Turnovers under 15

Rocket River

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why not both?

Like 2018 and 2020.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Turnovers to 10 or below was 1 of 3 MDA goals every game.

Win TOV

Win FT%

Win 3P%

6. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

How you guys like David Nwaba, the Demolition Man? He seems like a pretty solid defender, something we needs. Poor shooter, but very athletic and can finish around the rim well.

I think his minutes depend on whether he can hit the 3 with some competency. If he can hit an open 3-pointer at 33%, at least the defenses have to respect him and it's not 4 on 5 like we had to deal with during the Russ era.

HP3, D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

If I was a nba coach mine would def be win total points scored

D-rock and sydmill like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Yea but that was at the expense of destroying our team chemistry, with disgruntled players not touching the ball. We weren't winning a championship with one guy stat sheet stuffing every night

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

the first season w cp3 it worked because we had personnel and then we lost some health going into the playoffs and then more w cp3. The following year chris was still not 100% and we underestimated how much ariza meant to our chemistry and defense, plus cc kind of regressed. But that year it never seemed like anyone hogged the ball or didn’t get shots. That came the second year when chris couldn’t get past anyone and we had less depth and a poor roster for switching.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's a no brainer. This would be called a WIG (Wildly Important Goal).

But what is your critical path to winning total points scored?

4DX

HP3 likes this.
  11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Try your hardest to score more points but start the game off by saying if you don't score more points its bc the other team cheated. This way at the end of the game, if the other team scores more points then you can say they cheated, I told you so.

It may or may not have worked before

Seriously though I think of this team can keep their turnovers to under 18 and don't get killed on the boards they will have a chance in most games.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If we wanted there to be a functioning offensive strategy that could survive without an MVP on the floor, then there was always going to be a messy, difficult period of changing habits and creating new ones.

I’m especially happy that Wall is coming in during the culture change.

i have no qualms about what Silas is doing. He is making us less reliant on Harden both for playoffs and trade preparation purposes. It’s a good idea. This team has to show what it can do without Harden. Harden can turn on 28/8/8 in the playoffs with good defense. Already proven.

I say let Silas develop this system and also develop some system players, which seems to be what he’s doing.

Nolen, csnerd84 and Bo6 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This good defense 'narrative' is situational and mostly in the post and because he blocked Dort in the last game of the OKC series.

Dort also went off in that game.

He isn't nearly as consistent as a perimeter defender or a transition defender which is the main job of a guard.

He also does it when he conserved his energy on the offensive side, what if the team needed him on Offense as well?

It's good to know he can defend when it's needed even at the expense of additional Offense.

So it is not already proven but relative at best.

#93 daywalker02, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nah, I watched the games. Harden played really good defense throughout the last two playoffs. Better in the post, but respectable on the perimeter.

Combined with deflections, rebounds, steals and a block he’s been good.

Call it whatever! mediocre defense! point is, it is what it is. Time to find solutions in other places than hardens growth.

D-rock likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kudos to Roco, PJ, Jeff, Ego for the good D overall.

When the dam broke against the Fakers, well, Harden and Co were flooded.

6'9 playmaking and beyond.

16. kevtse

kevtse Member

Why is the Princeton offense distinct in the NBA? I really think it is very effective and we have the type of players to make it work. I.E Wood/Cousin on the high post looking for cutter or shoot/drive by himself.

17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

it'd look a lot better if we weren't playing playoff contending teams every night.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is the concept that we want everyone to be able to Drive and Dish?

I seen several times we got to the paint. . .then bounced right back out
    Not everyone is good at passing OUT of or inside the paint.

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.