1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Jeremy Lin's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, May 13, 2013.

1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

But is it just a Lin phenomenon or will clutch fans find someone else to hate after he's gone.

For example,
    Will clutch fans hate on Dwight as much?

2. gengar

gengar Member

You totally leave out the part where Jeremy gets to touch the ball way less / Dragic main focal offense of his team

3. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

It was during a press conference Morey had with Lin when we had signed him. It's the fact that Les saw all the fans cheering for Lin at Toronto's Home Court, it was impeccable and then he also hit the game winner. Les was furious and ranted at Daryl Morey.

4. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thanks for that info.

I wonder if Morey would have gone after Lin if it wasn't for Les.

5. thekad

thekad Member

Well Dwight is good, so no it won't be the same.

I'd guess Lin has neutral trade value at this point: overpaid, mediocre, and unplayable in adverse situations but the contract is short and the marketing opportunities are large which evens it all out. Perhaps similar to the value of Anderson Varejao; you won't get anything positive for him except from a very few select teams.

6. seahawk

seahawk Member

But Les and Morey don't think so.

/LOHexposed.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think the Lakers may take him. He would be a huge hit for them, he could back up Nash and get a lot of minutes while Kobe is out. If the Lakers were going to lose Howard, I'm sure they would prefer to take a package Asik+Lin+one of the PF's, rather than Asik alone or letting Howard walk.

That may be a good deal for both sides as it would free us to pursue a 3rd star too.

8. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Dragic runs 90% of the plays

Lin runs 40% of the plays

9. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Wow, you are so mean. :grin:

10. cazyapma

cazyapma Member

Bwahahaha Lin for Kanter AND 1st rounder! Are you Furkan kiddin' me!

I seldom LOL

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Utah would never trade Kanter for Lin. After favors his their second most valued player

12. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

^ this...Asik+Lin+TRob for D12+Blake. win win win for the 2 clubs + CF. :grin::)

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Why on earth would we send the lakers assets for a guy we can sign outright?

14. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

His trade value? His guaranteed contract, duh.

But I bet Les begs to differ, and whatever our opinions and conclusions may be, they are more than trivial compared to his.

15. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Maybe, just MAYBE, if it's in an alternate universe.

16. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Maybe we should trade Lin to Toronto for Kyle.

I think the Raptors will to it. Lin and Lowry's numbers are similar so they are replaceble with each other, the difference is Lin makes nearly 3 millions more. But Toronto has a big Asian popuplation so to make it up financially is no problem. I am pretty sure Lin will fill all the seats at the Air Cananda Centre.

According to many clutch fans, Lin doesn't worth his contract anyway, to save 3 million for cap room is a substantial gain, with a returned fan favorite to boot.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

18. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I think you're missing the part where he clashed with Kevin McHale. He's older and his ceiling is pretty much capped. And fan favorite, we already have Brooks back, what more do we need?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you read what i said leading up to that you will see that I was trying to stay away from presenting actual values for Lin for this reason. Its all subjective based on the need of the team.

The fact is, the market for PG's is heavily saturated right now, and team X might so happen to find themselves in a perfect storm where acquiring Jeremy Lin makes complete sense, and team y, z, etc. wouldn't have a great role for him on the team so the value would be substantially lower.

So the Utah trade scenario was just describing a team that might find themselves in a perfect storm situation where they are a tad bit more desperate at the present time, and might be willing to give MORE than market value for Lin right now.

Still laughing.....

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

How much does the money Lin brings in really help? Does it only help the owner make money, or does it help the GM and team in general? Because it's not like it changes the cap or anything.