1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Jeremy Lin's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, May 13, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

A good way to determine if a contract has value as a player is if another team or teams (with the necessary cap space) would be willing to take it from you for nothing. Team needs can skew that, but that's how I judge basic positive value.

2. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lol I don't even know what to say, this post is simply EPIC.

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Les was pissed on Valentine's day because of the money he saw

Is this just speculation? Did Les say something about Lin on valentine's day?

Do you have a link?

4. wincan459

wincan459 Member

What you said is completely true for the team considering taking the concerned contract. Apparently this team has already judged that the contracted player would fullfill some of their needs.

For the Rockets though, it seems Lin is no longer a good fit, after Harden joined the team and Beverley played well, judging from the sentiments of clutch fans.

So for the benefits of the team, maybe Morey should actively looking for a trading partner. As a result, Lin could benefit also.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

15/7 with average starter minutes seems about right....maybe .350 from the arc....maybe 2.5 avg turnovers per game. Jeremy's not far off being a decent return on his contract....potential makes up the difference - and the merchandising puts him over...

6. Nook

Nook Member

Then I stand corrected.

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Spurs have got a great Aussie point guard in Patty Mills!

All the teams with $$$ marketing $$$ potential would love to have Lin...

Golden State
    Seattle
    Lakers
    Clippers
    Toronto
    Brooklyn

Hell, New York would never have let him go if they only took a cap hit of 8.3m!!!
    Morey said he was shocked NYK didn't match.

But Les will never let Lin go.

8. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

Good guy Morey. Why would the knicks match with $15mil having to be paid in the 3rd year.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

OK, now I remember. What I was thinking was Lin would become a very tradeable expiring for the Knicks if they matched. I see.

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Well the knicks would take a 15m cap hit under the CBA. If they could take an $8m cap hit instead, they probably would match.

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

To clarify.

If knicks traded for lin know, they would only take an 8.3m cap hit compared to the 15m they had to take when they lost him to Houston.

Knicks would've kept Lin if they only took an 8.3m cap hit last year.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, right, trade him to the Spurs so that he can destroy us 4 times a season.:rolleyes:

13. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

well only a few players fit the bill:

Chris Paul - max
    Jrue Holiday - 4 years 41 mill
    Deron Williams - max
    Tony Parker - 13mill
    Russell Westbrook - 13mill
    Jameer Nelson - 3 years 25 mill - got this contract when he was averaging 12 points and 5 assists...

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Not all, just one of them.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

15/7 is an approximate...

I wouldn't give up much in terms of assets to take on Goran's 14.7/7.4/.319 3pt/2.8 to per game for 7.5m/yr....
    vs Lin 13.4/6.1/.339/2.9
    ....but I put em about equal when you add Jeremy's potential....

16. zdrav

zdrav Member

If you didn't think Lin was a good player after his 25-game run with the Knicks, how can you be so confident that Beverley can start for one of the top offenses in the league based on, what, 5-ish games at most?

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Dude, I'm a fan of Lin's but don't look into stats too much. Stats don't reflect how great Paul is. Watch some Clippers games and you'll see. With that being said, I do think Lin's ceiling is pretty high, most likely Tony Parker. But he still has a long long way to go

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Any team would have to spend that "extra" 7 million on team salary.

Tax paying teams are a definate no go. Near tax paying teams would practically be paying a pseudo tax with that contract. While struggling teams may want to limit themselves to the league minimum payroll.

That said a team like the Bobcats might be the best hope for the Rockets to offload that contract. Especially if the Rockets share their asian contacts and help them monetize Lin's popularity there.

19. Fighton

Fighton Member

not slim at all... someone look up his stats this year when his usage is above his season average of 20%... i'm pretty sure those numbers would look really good. small sample size, but when he is asked to be the focus of the offense, he can produce. that is a fact. in nyc and in houston.

les will never let lin go before his contract is up. you let him go again to a team willing to up his usage, you will look like a fool. and trust me, the media will be all over linsanity again.

20. wincan459

wincan459 Member

It is not me thinking, I am a Lin fan mind you.

If you can't see that clutch fans don't want Lin any more, you haven't pay any attention.

How many good games Beverley has played is not important, what matters is he passed the eye test.