1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

What is Jeremy Lin thinking today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by garfangle, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

^ This

2. timyeung

timyeung Member

IMHO thats Harden's usual playmaking style. He would stand near the 3 and either drive to the basket or shoot the 3, or in the last second pass it to another player. Jeremy likes to attack the basket early on and create openings for his teammates. I think Jeremy is the better playmaker, but Harden is the better scorer.

3. timyeung

timyeung Member

I think Harden is the better scorer, but Jeremy is the better playmaker.

You think Harden is the better scorer, and Harden is also the better playmaker.

We all have our glasses my friend. Can't we agree to disagree?

4. coffeelover665

So. Much. Hate

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yes. Mine are Rockets Red.

6. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

You specifically said he would dish out at the last sec to someone who was not open which translates to wasted possession and no points or turnovers. So you are still wrong.

7. hltiki

hltiki Member

And that's a problem. A lot of Lakers fans have an unhealthy perspective of Kobe. Last year, Kobe was the PG; the problem, however, was that there was obviously a better pg than Kobe on the team. Yet so many people in LA had this dumbazz idea that Kobe was the better playmaker…. Kobe’s definitely the better scorer and overall player, but god damnit, he is NOT the better playmaker nor passer.
    The same logic can be applied to the Rockets. AND NO IM NOT SAYING LIN IS NASH YOU SONS OF b****ES, nor is Harden anywhere close to Kobe.

8. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Also timeyeung I would like to point out I am not a LOH. I am a rockets fan and I took offense on you talking bad and incorrectly about our star Harden.

9. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Jeremy is probably thinking today that those ABJs and LOHs are gonna get trolled bad for the next two years if I don't get traded now. No wonder they're so desperate starting silly treads like this everyday.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Nash missed 32 games last season and is getting older and older. Not the greatest example. He averaged 6.7 assists in the games he did play in only 32 minutes per game. Kobe played a lot more than he did and was forced into a play making role with all the injuries that their team racked up.

Just a question for you. When a player scores a basket is that not a play that was successfully made?

Lin probably has a small advantage in making plays for others, but a play maker as a whole, as in creating shots for others and for oneself harden has him beat hands down.

Harden is so much more dangerous in the total aspect which is why he has to have the ball in his hands more often than Lin.

11. timyeung

timyeung Member

Case settled. Thank you.

12. timyeung

timyeung Member

That's understandable. I made that comment because I took offense at criticisms agasinst Jeremy's game. Its all good. No one player is perfect (except LeB

13. timyeung

timyeung Member

(except LeBron)

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

i bet he's glad he's not Dragic and a Phoenix Sun right now

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Would be nice to see Rockets play-make more like the Spurs.
    The Rockets seem to have problems in the 4th throughout the season.
    Especially with those Harden ISOs in the 4thQ. became too predictable. Thankfully in the playoffs, Harden (credit to him) throttled back, allowed Gracia + Delfino to stick those daggers.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If you want to ignore what I said then sure. But you know I am right. When it comes to the combo of making plays for oneself and making plays for others, Harden is superior to Lin as a PLAYMAKER and therefor has to have the ball more often.

I'm more than willing to concede that as a PG Lin obviously has slightly better pure point skills, but that alone does not mean he should have more control of the offense and the coaching staff obviously feels the same.

17. jackycool

jackycool Member

Harden is miles better creating for himself than creating for others, which is why the ball had the tendency to get sticky throughout last season. Lin shouldn't run all of the plays seeing how Lin and Harden can create their own shot, but if Harden is running playmaker for everyone he is going to get tired fast. No one will (or should) question Harden having the ball in his hands over Lin, but Lin can carry some of the burden of creating shots for others while Harden focuses more on his own scoring.

18. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Very true. Although I'm not sure Bledsoe has shown enough to start over Dragic

19. JMG524

JMG524 Member

What's so incorrect about his statement? I also believe Lin is the better playmaker. He led the team in assists had fewer turnovers. Lin's per 48 mins assists were also significantly higher than Harden's. Harden is a shoot first player while Lin is more focused on facilitating for his teammates. You call yourself a Rockets fan yet you're partial against your own starting PG.

20. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

If Harden was such a great PG, guess what, he'd be a 6'5" PG like Vasquez...there's no shame in admitting that most, if not all, starting NBA point guards are better facilitators than Harden. If you're not running a triangle, have a Spurs-type ball movement offense where the ball is constantly moving (which I think is what McHale wants, but doesn't happen with Mr. Stickyhands), or have Lebron James (who may as well be a PG), then it's probably best to let your PG set up the plays, and if the shotclock gets down to 10, give it your elite scorer to do his thing.