1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is even the point of Pablo Prigioni?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

Still assets, what did we get brewer for ? can't remember exactly but I know it wasn't NYK2nd or NO1st. A 2017 pick can come in handy to facilitate a deal.

KJ macdainles is another question for me, if we're trying to contend why didn't we go after shumpert he's been out there for the taking. I see KJ celing as shumperts in his next 2 years. Shumpert was balling as rookie before he got hurt and now we will be watching him on the cavs.

2. Houston79Astro

Yes they are assets, but they can easily be preplaced with more. A 2nd round pick two years from now isn't that big of a deal. Think of them as sweet cherries on a Sunday. A player like pablo was needed. Sure we could of gotten someone better but the bright side is that we got to keep Jones.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

When we waste James Harden's MVP-type season because Morey didn't get him more help, yes, that'll come back to haunt us.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If you guys are rockets fans and don't understand the point of getting prigioni then you're idiots. What if Bev gets injured? Do we just play Terry 48 minutes in the playoffs? Or throw in a guy with zero experience? That would be wasting Hardens season.

Morey has always stated he wants three point guards on the roster. Could he have gotten somebody better? Maybe. But he wanted to see how the Dragic thing unfolded and Pablo's deal was probably a situation the Knicks were willing to wait on. Minnesota wasn't willing to wait for Houston to figure out the dragic thing and leave Mo Williams on the table.

That's not my inside sources, just common sense. Which doesn't exist much on these forums.

5. Houston79Astro

Your name is ironic

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Even freaking DJ Augustin would've been awesome

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Easy with the haughtiness. The question is not only why did we acquire him, but why does he get not playing time. My common sense is unable to resolve the contradiction. Also, Beverley sucks as a starter.

8. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Prigioni knows how to run actual offense, something pat can't do. This scares mchale so he doesnt play him

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Morey Should be all over McHale for not playing Prigs with the 2nd unit. Terry can't run point he has never been able to. Leave it to McHale to mess that up though.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would have liked prigioni out there today in the 2nd half. terry was atrocious

11. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

12. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

13. Houston79Astro

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Secret weapon being saved for the playoffs. Unleash the Priggey!

15. baubo

baubo Member

This is a perfect example of what my post was about. You don't even know which 2nd rounders are being used for which deals yet treat them the same.

We got Brewer for the 2nd rounder that Sacramento gave us to take Terry off their hands. We used the Denver pick we got from Portland in the TRob deal as part of the KJ deal. We still have the Knicks pick for 2015 and 2016, both of which are MUCH more valuable than the picks we gave up for Prigioni. We also still have our $3mil trade money that can be used to buy a 2nd rounder at the draft.

2nd rounders may not be nothing, but they're picks Morey can get in his sleep without even raising a finger.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Extremely.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thing to Consider: Prig's 38 is way LESS MILEAGE on his body than a full NBA career 38yo would have. Almost his entire career has been overseas.

Overseas leagues play one-third/one-half fewer games than NBA (including playoffs). Plus overseas, the players play less minutes/game than NBA cuz of shorter quarters and coaching strategy.

{Example: James Harden plays 37 MPG in NBA, in Euroleague he'd be around 25-30 MPG)

NBA Harden would play approx 3000-3500 total minutes in a season.
    FIBA Harden would play approx 1500-1900 minutes}

Prig is advanced age any way its put. Though Prigs should have less wear on his body than Jason Terry actually.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Tired of seeing Smith playing point forward.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I didn't really see the need to play him yesterday but I do think he needs minutes with that 2nd unit. I also think he can help get Dwight some easy buckets. We're too stagnant when Harden hits the bench. As long as he wont get exposed on defense I say let him bring some energy and get us easy buckets. I feel like he needs to get more aggressive and take more 3's, if he's too passive McHale is going to sit him. But if he's out there against a Steve Blake I'll take it.

20. delishman

delishman Member

We desperately need another ball handler really at any costs. The 2nd unit cannot survive without one. Even if it is for the sake of just limiting the turnovers and working the clock to give harden a couple of additional minutes.