1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is D12 doing to improve his game this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jul 21, 2015.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Who cares what Dwight does in the post season. All he needs to worry about is resting his knees and coming into preseason in shape and healthy.

He is who he is now. Just accept the fact that he will never improve his post-moves or free throw shooting.

All we need is the Dwight we had in the playoffs, the rebounding and defensive monster with a splash of alley oops.

2. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

CF is beyond antsy for the season to start. So many of these threads are starting up. How many assists will Ty get per game? Will he get along with McFail? Should James go to rehab with Ty? Gah, let the season start before you burn TC down. Sorry, I had that brewing lol no offense

In my attempt to answer your question, try stalking the training staff on twitter and youtube, it might be a bit early. I'd assume Dwight was working on his conditioning by now. Not sure about Dwight's points of emphasis on off/def, but I do know James typically hits up The Drew after he's done vacationing late July-early Aug.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

This is our $22 mln center, highest paid player on the team by $8 mln per year and couldn't take advantage of a small ball lineup against the chumps, I mean champs GS.

Seriously not throwing shade at D12, just asked a question and I see all of side pieces getting upset. Stop it!

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

You've set some low expectations for $22 mln a year. Don't worry about what I do for a living my man, my money is good. I asked a simple question and you got upset as if it impacts your living. Stop it!

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So I'm supposed to be upset that he post Instagram pics from Comic Con? You've got to be kidding me. Believe it or not these guys are normal humans who don't need to be proving to you that they are working on their game 24/7.

Its not about you. I could care less about what you do inside or outside of your job WHICH IS KIND OF THE POINT. I'm sure you are wildly successful in your "professional" endeavors. However, nobody is judging you if you aren't doing what you are paid to do for a job 24/7/365.

This is about unrealistic fan expectations and judgement because of their financial situation. Fans think that they themselves are paying the player or something based on what they expect from their teams players. Its utterly ridiculous.

I'm sure he takes his free throws very seriously, and takes his profession very seriously. Doesn't mean is he posts a couple offseason videos on Instagram that he doesn't.

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Well then.. to answer your question: what is he doing to improve his basketball game?

My answer:
    Who cares!! At the end of the day, he's an Investment towards a championship. If I want my largest investment to help cash in a championship, do I want him playing his best during the off-season and beginning of the season plus increase the risk fatigue which leads to injury? Or do I want him playing his best at the mid-season and into the playoffs and minimize/reduce the risk of fatigue and injury?

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

No offense but it is not just an innocent question, it is a dumb insinuation/accusation. You started the thread, deal with the consequences.

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Trust me if I wanted to accuse D12 of not doing enough, I would. Also, are you serious with your statement "deal with the consequences". What consequences??? You take this GARM way too serious, there is no consequences whatsoever!!!

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

It's July guys relax. I'm sure by August, he'll be back at the gym. Do you guys work during your vacation? We don't need him to be Hakeem and I don't think any basketball fan thought we were getting a player on Hakeem's level when we signed him. We just need him to dominate on defense and glass and accept his new role on offense.

10. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

We need to define the various thresholds for acceptable amount of time spent on free throws and the corresponding consequences. I put this together as a starting point, but we can make adjustments if needed.

100 - 95%: Cheer for Dwight no matter what
    94 - 90%: Cheer for Dwight unless he misses a free throw
    89 - 75%: You can only wear his jersey inside out
    74 - 50%: Moves to the bench
    Below 50%: Does anyone know his address?

Alternatively, we could use this configuration.

Below 100%: Be mad and pout. Try to spread your negativity to others.

11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Do you watch playoff games, or just prefer to hate on Dwight?

Dude was one of the more dedicated players in our playoff series this past yr AND the last.

I hope he's healthy; otherwise, he isn't going to pick up new tricks at his age with his skillset.

12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

This ^^^^^

Throw lots of platelets, voodoo, prayers, anti-inflammatories, European experimental non FDA approved therapies, etc, etc, at that knee!

13. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Why, if was 7 feet tall I'd APPLY MYSELF! These athletes these days with their Instagrams and their #BRANDS. What about THE LOVE OF THE GAME? What about playing the RIGHT WAY? What about austerity? Show up, play, go home, and practice.

This is serious business. I mean it's a hobby for me which makes me the perfect person to criticize the professionals who do it at the highest level. I want a team full of joyless JJ Watts who talk about nothing but throwing on their hard hats, grabbing their lunch pails, and getting to work! TO THE TRENCHES, BOYS!

14. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I hope OP is a billionaire maximizing his full potential.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Stop whining about people not liking your thread. Those are the consequences of starting a lame thread. You are the one taking this too seriously.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You are that guy

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Seriously DD?

He didn't make a wish to a genie and magically transform his body into Greek god form.

And yes he isn't Hakeem....but no other center in the history of the NBA is Hakeem either.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Hopefully eating lots of sea cucumber. No that's not a euphemism. I heard that it's great for rebuilding your joints.

19. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

People say practicing free throws, polish post moves, get back on defense. I say none of that. Get enough rest, keep body in shape.

A player of his caliber at this age, I believe there is really not much he can improve on. The most important thing is health. If you let me choose between missing half a season again but shooting FT at 60% vs playing a full season with 50% FT, I choose the latter. No brainer.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

At his age and past history there isn't going to be much improvement.