1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Clint's true value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 3, 2020.

?

What is Clint's true value?

1. 2-3 late first rounders

2. 2 mid first rounders

3. 2 middle lottery picks (8-12)

4. 1 high lottery pick (3-5)

5. 2 middle lottery picks + 1 late first rounder

6. 1 middle lottery pick and two late first rounders

7. 1 middle lottery pick and a late first rounder

8. We need to keep him. His real value is as a member of the Houston Rockets.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in terms of picks...This, obviously, will translate into players that can hoop now via trade.

Consider CC as a player...his contract...and that he'll be playing in the East.

Yes, he's benefited/grown with James feeding him, along with our system.

All that said, the Rockets have done a great job developing Clint, as he's become a top 10 center.

I say his true value is around #8, #12, and a late first rounder.

For the purposes of the poll, I omitted second round picks, but feel free....

2. smp

smp Member

Clint’s value with or without Harden? Borderline allstar with Harden. Not very good without him.

3. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Without an above average passer who can feed him the ball in the post, he is not that good. He can’t make his own play, doesn’t have jump shots, not good at free throws. He is good at out running his man, and able to catch most passes in traffic. Without the likes to CP3s and Hardens, I can’t see him excel. He is a good kid, I hope he proves me wrong.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Given we are win-now mode, our asking price for him has to be someone perceived to be able to put us over the hump, not some patch up tweak like Covington.

Richie_Rich, PolarBear and Plowman like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Give me Bogdanovic and Holmes. Use the trade exception on Markieff. Throw Detroit a 2nd rounder if we have to.

Holmes/Hartenstein
    Tucker/Morris
    House/Bogdanovic
    Harden/Gordon
    Westbrook/Rivers

JamalP. likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, not easy to say, i guess that changes depending on the needs of a team, and on the draft quality, as today, for the right team, i'd say probably two mid 1st rounders or one mid plus a late.

7. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Thats a well rounded squad

8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

it was just a few weeks ago when clint absolutely dominated embiid. how quickly people forget.

we all know what clint did against gobert two years in a row in the playoffs and also against KAT. clint also regularly dominates jokic.

clint’s resume speaks for itself. if other teams are undervaluing him, we better not trade him for the sake of just making a trade. if that asshat tilman wants to go under the tax, find some other goddam way. don’t give up our third best player, and easily our best value contract for peanuts.

9. Maromi

Maromi Member

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I think all the above choices are fairly optimistic.

Given the few teams looking for starting-caliber centers and the possibility CC may be slightly damaged goods...how about giving us the choice of something like 1 mid-FRP and 2 SRPs? I'd check that box.