1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is CD thinking??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by baller4life315, Jan 7, 2004.

1. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Just want to point out that letting Posey walk proves to be a right decision. Check out his stats, JJ is doing pretty much the same thing Posey is doing, and for 40% of the money Posey demanded.

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Let's get one thing perfectly straight.....

The Rockets (Alexander, Dawson and Van Gundy) did not trade Glen Rice and picks for John Amaechi. Let me do my best Calvin Murphy here for those that don'y read too well or may have missed it....

THE ROCKETS DID NOT TRADE GLEN RICE AND PICKS FOR JOHN AMAECHI.

Got it?

The Rockets have not yet received the $6.9+m player or players from that trade and have until the first week of training camp 2004 to do so.

Please exclude this example from any future bashing you want to do of the Rockets management. The trade has not yet been completed. It would be like you taking a 3 part test in school and having only completed Part 1. It's not possible to post a final grade until all the remaining parts have been taken.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thank you! It really irritates me to see people bash that trade when in actuality it really hasn't been fully realized yet. Let's wait to see what happens with that money before we bash/praise it.

4. jiggadi

jiggadi Contributing Member

not trying to nit pick #1 fan but why would the rockets be knocked out of the first round if Jordan would have been playing?

5. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

When you do own the Rockets, and I trust that you will one day, because what you've learned in life is probably much greater than what Les Alexander has learned, and you'd be better fit to own the Rockets, just because. But before speaking in public, please take a look at the standings, once your the owner and all, you'll see that Chicago lines up in the Central Division, which is in the Eastern conference - and Houston currently and at that time, lines up in the Midwest Division which in the Western conference, thus they could not have played in the first round, disproving your notion that had MJ played those two years we would have lost in the first round.

Oh yeah, if you need a CFO for your newly owned Rockets franchise, when in fact you do acquire it, consider me, I'm obviously not a yes man. :D