1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is a Brooks/Landry package worth?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

if you think about it, a Landry/Brooks combo is similar to a Horry/Cassell combo from 13 years ago, just without the rings

Horry/Cassell (and throw ins of Brown/Bryant) got us Barkley

so to answer your question, I think it'll get us a an ageing veteran than can give us 3-4 years max

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Landry and Brooks

for

Steve Nash?

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think the Suns will go for that.They can get more in a trade for him.

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

They probably could get more then that but it would be solid for them because they get MUCH younger and can still run there system with Brooks. Landry would also be perfect for them as well.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am as baffled as you.

I don't understand why everyone thinks you need a freakin great point guard to win the championship. Hell, everyone thinks you need a pass first point guard to get to a championship. I think Brooks was sensational and I would like to keep our Lowry/Brooks backcourt.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Lakers just won with a PG at much less ability than Brooks ......and it is only Brooks 2nd year.

There are many ways to build a team...

DD

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Trade a Rockets PG that scored 34 points against the eventual champs in a playoff game?

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

getting rid of these two is like getting rid of rockets future.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

You know, I thought of the same thing.

Basically it lets a team get rid of an aging star in order to rebuild. The Rockets aren't rebuilding right now given that Yao's untouchable. So the likelyhood of them turning into a high pick is slim.

I see Amare/Vince/Bosh(if Toronto is indeed shopping him) type of a player coming back. Although Vince Carter might not be worth both players given his situation.

10. HTR99

HTR99 Member

I don't understand either why one of our PGs will be gone draft day or later. PG/PF seem to be the position were we're finally set unlike past years. However, if one must go, I know Morey will get us some one better but let's not forget the past 2 champions didn't have great PGs: rondo/fisher. Rondo's getting better but he's not great, KG being out allowed him to average close to a triple double. Fisher's erratic but he makes big shots.

11. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Let's say Sam Cassell & Robert Horry got us Charles Barkley.

How about AB & Landry for Amare Stoudemire ?

12. Chamillionaire

i'd would eally have to think about it if we were getting players like milsap, smith, lee, fernandez because they are ballers and will get better as well as brooks, but might be a stretch to give up both of our young studs.

13. Chamillionaire

cassell + horry > AB + landry

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I agree. He was great for us this year, and can only improve. I dont know why 1/2 the random trade ideas I read involve Brooks. Keep that kid.

15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree, if your going to ship off Brooks, I would think he would be part of some sort of deal to get an Amare Stoudamire type of player. I would be surprised if the rockets traded him to move up into the top 5 of the draft, but Morey and company have much more intel than I do and in Morey I trust.

#35 jump shooter, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  16. battousai

battousai Member

Why people are so single minded with narrow tunnel?

Just because we are planning to get a PG, it doesn't mean we are getting rid of AB or Lowry. use your brain sometime it won't hurt, trust me.

no PG in this draft would come right out and be ready to PT or contribute. He is there for insurance and 3rd string, which we used to have with Head.

Morey is not going to go out and ask other teams to trade with us. he is going to listen and see what is out there and available. Should there be something that for example wade from the heat is available. We might give up anyone not Yao for.

we are not actively asking for other teams to take AB or lowry from us. we are buying insurance just in case of injury or there is a good deal with AB or lowry involved.

17. joesr

joesr Member

3 years and he might be on dif team regardless :(

18. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

put tmac in there and it's worth Amare and Richardson. :D But I wouldn't trade both AB and Carl for a pick. just AB. :D :D

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i dont think a brooks - landry package is good enough to get us a player like Paul Millsap or some other key role player. it's defintely not good enough to get us an all-star.

20. worzel gummidge

Yellow fever?