1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What irks me about Lebron Haters

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WinorLoseMate, Jun 5, 2014.

1. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

1.They say that Bird, MJ and Magic would never join together to form a super team.
    Reply: Are Wade and Bosh really at the quality of these other players?

2. They say that MJ's Bulls would crush this Heat team. Pippen would lock down Wade and Rodman would frustrate Bosh.

Reply: I didn't see anyone complaining when the Bulls won those championships with supposedly 'better' players, as opposed to fans crying and complaining now when the Heat win with 'lesser' players.

3. The East is so weak, there should be an asterisk next to every championship he wins.

Reply: So what? We're meant to blame/punish Lebron for how ***** the East is?

4. Lebron wouldn't be able to handle the physicality of basketball in the 80s and 90s. He's too weak mentally to play a tough game.

Reply: Are you kidding me? He gets fouled hard at the rim at LEAST once a game and still ends up finishing. He would be more than capable of surviving back then.

5. LeChoke had to leave Cleveland to win a championship. He's a quitter.

Are you kidding me? Would you stay in Cleveland? I'd call him a quitter if he STAYED there as opposed to leaving.

A lot of the arguments against Lebron are so contradicting and narrow minded..

2. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I'm not an LBJ fan, but what irks me is that when management assembles a good team, it's called "shrewd", but when players assemble a good team, it's called cheating (and Riles still gets most of the credit, lol). People don't even realize their own double-standard and obsequiousness.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Cool story

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Not a fan of LeBron but i would ignore the people thats hating him.

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The East is weak argument is stupid. Still gotta beat the #1 team out of the West.

#4 is just stupid. LeBron is an athletic god

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

The argument isn't stupid - it's a cakewalk to the Finals, while your Western Conference opponent has to go through grueling high pressure situations?

I don't think I ever doubted the Heat when they were ever tied with their opponent in a particular series. But I honestly didn't know if the Spurs had it in them to pull it out in game 7 against the Mavs, or before game 5 of the OKC series.

Also, I'm not sure what the OP is trying to argue with point #2. The bolded part and his reply don't make sense to me.

1 person likes this.
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Really? Because last time I checked having a team with a 500 record in the first round, followed by a marginally stronger team in the second round is a bit of a rest if you ask me. I'm not saying they fizzle out early if they are in the west, or don't even win the WCF if they are in the west but don't tell me that doesn't leave them spent going into the finals. If you think rest doesn't play a factor then you don't know basketball.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Let me start by saying I used to hate LeBron but I don't anymore. I think he is a dickface for the decision garbage but whatever.

I do agree with you, MJ's bulls wouldn't crush the heat. I do think Dream and the Rockets would give them a better showing than MJ's Bulls, but that's neither here nor there. Both teams would have a 7 game series against the heat.

The East is ridiculously weak. It's a joke how much rest this team gets because they are better than their peers. Is it on LeBron to do anything? No, that's Silver's job. Does that mean he deserves an asterisk next to those rings? Does Jordan deserve one because he never matched up against Dream? I'll leave you to answer that one.

Let's not mince words here on your last point. He quit on Cleveland. Attitude is everything to a player. He promised that city a ring and truth be told didn't bring them one. He was their golden boy, their home grown talent and he turned his back on them. It was a dick move to say he would bring them a title and then bolt. He is a dick. Does that speak anything to his god given talents? Hell no, he is still simply one of the best. Karl Malone was a jackass too, he was still a damn good post player.

1 person likes this.
  9. adobo

adobo Member

A lot of Lebron Haters (same way as Kobe) is their fans like to jump the gun and put them on a pedestal and label them as GOAT even tho they lack the accomplishments to surpass other greater players in the past.

Kobe fans "Kobe is GOAT! Better than Jordan, Hakeem, Bird, Magic etc.. because he has 5 rings and he plays in a tougher more scientific/string theory sub-atomic defense blah blah blah" - Umm How many Finals MVP did Kobe win in relation to the rings he has won? How many years was Kobe the top 2-3 player in the league?

Lebron fans "Lebron (prior to him winning rings) is GOAT...yeah he is the greatest player....rings? who cares about rings? Is Robert Horry the greatest player?" - Umm how many years was Robert Horry the best or top 2 player in the league? How many MVP finals out of that 7 rings?

Lebron fans "Lebron (after 2 rings) is GOAT....so what if his accomplishments is about level of Bird, his the greatest....today's era is so advanced, players can time travel, heal themselves, control the ball with their mind...blah blah" - Umm slow down bruh....he is one of the greats...but GOA? Look at Kareem's and Jordan's accomplishments and then look at Birds/Magic and Lebron. Which Tier of all time greats do you think he belongs to at the moment?

I don't really fault for Lebron leaving Cleveland....but it does taint his legacy. When you're aiming for GOAT, you have to surpass the current crop of GOATs and these guys have an almost perfect resume's.

1 person likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hate Bosh more for quitting Toronto and assembling with his 2 lesser friends.

11. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

The point I was trying to make was that people complain about the Heat being stacked, as a means of taking away from their Championships. Yet conversely, they'll ALSO say the 90's Bulls would destroy the Heat in a best of 7 series. Wouldn't that make the 90's Bulls even more stacked than today's Heat? There seems to be an underlying double-standard in the way people approach their arguments. A championship is a championship. There's no easy road towards it.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't say any of those things.

13. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

That's because you're rational and don't let your emotions control your thoughts. If you read any of the threads on this first page, all these points will be brought up somewhere, somehow.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That argument is no stupid. U stupid.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

... in perverse way I might add.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

there is no accounting for taste. if people don't like him, it doesn't matter what the argument is, it doesn't matter if they say "i don't know why." it just means he's unlikeable.

its pointless to try to convince people they should feel otherwise. you like him, i don't. who cares?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have more frustration with the NBA as a whole than any one player
    I like LeBron more than DWade or Bosh

Rocket River

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I feel the same way.
    I have no animosity as a fan toward LBJ.

LeBron haters are no more annoying than LeBron fanboys.
    Same thing with Kobe haters and Kobe fanboys.

19. adobo

adobo Member

Don't know why ppl would hate Lebron...he seems like a really nice person and his one of the greatest players of all time....his fans just need to slow down in putting him as a GOAT till he has the resume

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why can't I just hate a player with no reason?

Anyway, I don't hate LeBron. I hate Wade. Too bad LeBron team up with the douchebag.