1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

what if Yao took time off during the season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charvo, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Charvo

Charvo Member

He can go to some vacation spot in the world away from basketball with his girlfriend courtesy of Les Alexander. It'll be for something around 30 days. He's in a unique situation that everyone knows about concerning his year-round play. Jim Rome said that the Chinese government needs to lay off him if they want him to be the best he can be. That doesn't look like it is happening, but Yao needs his rest. Imagine the goodwill it would produce for Les Alexander if Yao sees that his employer is willing to let him take some time off to get himself recharged. The timing is right with Cato and Maurice playing very well. They can both be starters now. Padgett will be the backup big man. Alton Ford can get signed up again to 3 consecutive 10 day contracts. Yao comes back to Houston after 30 days with a whole lot more energy and vigor. He'll be ready to contribute a lot to the team in the pivotal final months and into the playoffs. Even in the game tonight, Yao showed signs of weariness after the 1st quarter. The Rockets have no chance of winning anything in the playoffs without a rested Yao.

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

not a bad idea i guess, except they won't make the playoffs in the West if he had a month off

3. Charvo

Charvo Member

If the Rockets start going into the tank without him, he can come back ASAP.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

it aint happening.
    Wy bother wastingtime discussing something that will never happen?
    Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to...mr 12+ posts per day.

5. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I'd like Yao and the Rockets to seriously push for Yao sitting out the All-Star game. Let him get some R&R that weekend. I wonder if Stern will let him do it.

6. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

thank you! someone else who thinks so. in the beginning it was 12 meaningful posts per day, now it's bordering on nonsense.

7. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

That sounds a great idea if we can still make the playoff. We shall have a fresh team during the playoff.

Hopefully, Yao does not need to play for China NT during his vacation.

:D :D :D

8. Charvo

Charvo Member

Like I said, if the Rockets start tanking, Yao can come back. It's not like an injury or something even though he'll be on the injury list. Anyone who has worked through several years without taking a single vacation knows how rough it is on the mind and body.

Guess what happens if Yao continues through the entire season without taking a rest. He will play like trash during the final month and the playoffs, and people will complain that he is playing like trash.