1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we were the 5th best defensive team? Would you start believing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

With at least 1 more good defender joining the rotation soon (Gordon, Moute, Carroll and/or maybe even Caboclo).

We have changed the formula again (how much does rebounding really matter?). Major credit to MDA and Morey. This is a huge risk they decided to take, and so far it's looking great.

I can't be alone in feeling that this team has control over difficult games in ways that remind me of 2017-2018 (with a largely different playing style).

The other big factor is we don't have to beat Durant's Warriors. Just imagine if you added Kevin Durant to the Lakers, Bucks or Clippers. That's what we were battling for 2 years. Harden has been through the toughest wars, he is seriously battle tested at this point. He almost always grows from playoffs to playoffs.

The magic minimum to win a championship is top 10 defense and top 10 offense (out of 30 teams). I think we can safely bring a top 8 defense and at least a top 2 offense. As I've said a lot, there is potential for us to put up the most prolific offensive performance in playoff history too.

I really think we're going to "steal" this title. The Bucks and Clippers are worrisome, but I don't feel the same way about them as I did about the Warriors, and I think we might have as good a team as 2017-2018.

D-rock likes this.