1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we just signed Draymond Green next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 14, 2022.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And Poole is reupping for 4/140

J.R. likes this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No thanks

roslolian and groovemachine like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Lol no….

Middleton is someone who should be targeted

Fulgore likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. SamFisher

Middleton probably watches the Cosby Show on DVD.

Pass

6. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Khris Middleton

7. dmoneybangbang

Huh?

Kevooooo and comrade like this.
  8. verysimplejason

Championship experience. What else? To add, he's a vital cog to those championships, even the latest one. Now tell me who's got one in the Rockets' lineup? Do I think it's important to have one? Yes! It's not an assurance but it'll help. He's on his way out anyway by the time the rest of the Rockets will renew their contracts.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

**** Green he is an ******* - and a guy who costs way more than his value and is in decline.....

We are building a better culture in Houston, we don't need a cancer like him screwing it up.

DD

astrosrule and roslolian like this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Draymond Green's "championship experience" is non-existent since he's always relied on other people to do the heavy lifting, and he's too immature/oblivious to realize it.

He literally just punched one of GSW's young, up-and-coming players which our team is full of. He would have a negative impact here.

RedRedemption and roslolian like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why the hell do we need championship exsperience on this team?

If he is punching teammates on a team that actually won a championship what do you think he is going to do with teamates this young and inexsperience?

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

How long before he swats Sengun? Or Garuba?

"Hey! Half white m*****f****r! Play some D!" (POP!) "And you, Gumbo, thanks for keeping my seat warm!" (SLAP!)

(Press conference later) "I need to work on my issues....I'm trying......"

roslolian likes this.
  13. SamFisher

I actually think - on the court, if you really want some sort of high-post motion offense to be different from most of the spread P&R/5 out teams, like the Rockets are trying to do with Sengun - Green is in another galaxy. He's an elite orchestrator and he's obvoiusly a DPOY caliber player.

That basically fits perfectly with a team that is bad at defense and has problems facilitating w/o turnovers.

Dropping in Green for Sengun with Smith, Green, Porter, and Tate/Martin/Eason seems to me like a play-in quality team.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No - build around Jabari in that spot.

DD

15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It’s appalling and frankly sad that the moral compass here is so low that people would root for this piece of trash. I would root against him no matter the jersey, and would not watch a single game while he was on the team. I’m better then that.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude just punched one of GSW's best young players and you think that's gonna help our young guys how? How do you know he wont punch Sengun or Bari to prove he deserves to be the starter on the team?

All that championship experience is due to GSW having multiple all stars carrying the load. When it was just him and Curry GSW didnt even make the play in and they were so bad they got a top 10 pick.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

We already have Draymond Green at home with Darius Days and Garuba. No need to get the actual Draymond Green (esp at the price he would want to justify his bloated go).

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Draymond is a homeless man's KG. All the fake tough guy BS, none of the skill that KG at least backed it up with.

Wouldn't even want this trash on our team for vet min. His podcast is a joke, he thinks he's smarter than he actually is, and that mix of "keeping it real" energy with his condescending demeanor and his mouth breathing voice on his podcasts ain't it.

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. SamFisher

Nah. Different type of player who can and should shoot a lot more than Green.

Anyway that's the beauty of Smith and Green, can plug them in anywhere and instantly upgrade your defense, and they can complement others on offense either with smarts (Green) or Shooting (Smith)

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Wouldn’t mind stealing Wiseman from them- Middleton would be solid, however would take away from Eason’s development.
    Wiseman
    Jabari
    Eason
    Green
    Porter