1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we just signed Draymond Green next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure if SamFisher is actually serious or saying stuff he doesn’t believe or want just to gauge the reaction

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said you're free to believe what you want to believe

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are we sure Porter would not have Draymond in the Morgue?
    The way he sucker punched Poole tells me he is not that great with his hands.
    I think Porter could take care of himself he is not some skinny guy and Draymong is not that bigger than him.

Something tells me Porter got hands and Draymond is not really about that life, he knew who he could do that **** with.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So basically you're saying this report is fake? Based on what? Seems to align with everythign we saw on video.

Fast forward to Wednesday's practice. Our sources on site say Poole called several fouls during a scrimmage, and Draymond called him a "b****" multiple times as a result.

[​IMG]
    Things escalated when Poole allegedly said, "You know what it is, Draymond." -- seemingly bragging over the contract situation -- and Draymond got in Poole's face, allegedly saying, "No I don't know, what is it?"​

What is the alternative explanation that you think is more likely here? Has it been reported anywhere?

5. SamFisher

I think Draymond is annoying, but from a basketbal perspective he would probably make the Rockets better.

I don't see it as likely scenario but it is probably not as outlandish as people think given the animosity and the ability of the Rockets to offer a lot of money.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you personally hear the audio of everything that was said. what aligned? nobody can hear a damn thing. Please tell us word for word. everyone on this board wants to know rather than what you read on the internet of speculation

you sure seem to know 100% a lot about a donkey and really passionate about him

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just stop.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Draymond isn’t coming to this team for anything less than a huge overpay. What are u willing to give him?

U see him having the same impact he has in GS on a team this bad?

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He's basically a better version of PJ Tucker with some top of the key facilitator abilities. He is certainly not going to be underpaid and hasn't been by any stretch, and he gets talked about in the conversation of superstars far more than anybody that plays his role.

The guy is a bit of a narcissist, but I guess that irrational confidence/arrogance/belligerence is part of what makes Draymond Draymond.

I don't want him within 100 miles of Harris county. Let the Spurs sign him.

10. SamFisher

It's a quote from TMZ sources - the same sources who took the cell phone video, so obviously somebody who was on-site.

Again if you have an alternative explanation let me know. Circumstantially the evidence points at this as motivation - eye & ear-witness testimony points at this as motivation.

My Bayesian credence about this being a likely explanation is pretty high at this point - maybe 75-80% or more.

If you have an alternative explanation, let me know and I'll lower it if its credible.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just stop.

Its very outlandish, he would not be surrounded with the talent he has on GSW and his deficiencies would be magnified.

To top it off, he would be terrible in the lockerroom and would be clashing with coaches all the time.

To top that off he is slipping physically and would want a max type deal, how can you justify paying him max money on this team.

12. verysimplejason

He'll even be a good basketball and mma coach. He'll be great for the team. If somehow Tari and Bari (and JG) can get half his swagger and defensive ability, Houston's defense will be a lot better from what it is now. There's something in Draymond that inspires defenses. Just watch the finals and you'll see what I'm talking. Sure, he's got the tricks and the usual hotheadedness but that's the spunk that's been missing from this team.

#52 verysimplejason, Oct 14, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't need to have an explanation. I choose not to believe every single internet speculation regardless if it makes any sense or not. you obviously choose to do so. that's you. You're in the boat of DG runs over to punch poole because hey you're about to get paid. Take this punch! And that's exactly why Poole got decked and the only reason in the world this took place. not taking into acccount you know exactly nothing about anything prior to this or any actual full audio about anything being physically said when both players are clearly talking. let that sink in a bit. again that's all you

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What about being able to shoot the ball?

A bit of a narcissist? that's a bit of an understatement.

dobro1229 likes this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

If he's all we could get, i'd pay him about 25 million a year and see if he bites. If it meant we won't have to hand over OKC a high draft pick, as much as i'd feel weird rooting for him, i'd do it. as much as i'd hate to say it, he'd fit just fine, we need somebody to do the dirty work. He might embrace the role of being on a new up and coming warriors if nobody else wants him. i hated barkley before he joined the rockets and mysteriously loved him later.

16. SamFisher

LOL, I'm hardly the only person on earth to come to this conclusion as literally every singe person who has commented on it has alluded to the explanation - but sure if you have an alternative explanation based on evidence or reporting I"m glad to entertain it.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

now you're speaking for everyone else ok.

18. Lando19

Lando19 Member

0% chance he wants to come to Houston

19. SamFisher

Pretty much all of the take-shows of NBA insiders have pointed to the reported contract extension and given it some credence (Lowe, windhorst, simmons, etc) . If you want to listen to them, read the tweets, etc you know where to find them.

Still waiting for your non-contract based alternative reporting/explanation of the genesis of the Punch.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Draymond would have been an ideal big while we were still relevant. Would have killed to have had him during that window.

Now, though? No thanks.