1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if the Heat had drafted Kevin Love or Russell Westbrook back in the 2008 Draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ObamaFan, Jun 22, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

I know this thread is completely pointless now, but i was watching the 2008 Draft and the first 10 picks were pretty sick( sans Beasley and Joe Alexander).

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Then Lebron wouldnt have come

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

if it was Love that was drafted he would have still came.

They had to get rid of Beasley to make enough cap room for Bosh and Lebron

but imagine if they had Love a rebounding monster who has just as big of a work ethic and the range that Bosh helped bring.

Chalmers
    Wade
    James
    Love
    <guy from the street to play C>

they probably still win the championship easy

in fact they probably could have used the cap space to get another player instead since they wouldnt have had to extend love until later -- sure they would be in Lux Tax Hell at that point but i dont think it would matter they'd be selling out everywhere every night.

Had they drafted westbrook -- chalmers would be gone but it might have been a different story.